IGNORED

Tire Report..........

Redbrick

I requested info a while back on the site about tires for my K75 and got some good input which was appreciated...I went with the recommendation of Keith, I think it was, at Southwest Moto Tires and put on Pirelli Sport Demons.....Now have 1400 miles on them and am very happy with their performance....Rode in the heaviest rain in So Cal this season with no complaint and then about 170 miles of track time at the Streets of Willow where they performed very well..Used 32-33 lbs. in both tires for the track and they felt very secure....Only one twitch and I think is was something on the track....Composition is on the soft side which is what I wanted but I don't think wear is excessive..Down about 1/32 so far....They are pretty good about not tracking cracks...Certainly a lot better than the Dunlops before them...

Recognize the small audience out there running bias ply tires on older bikes...But, for what it's worth...........

Phil..........Redbrick

Thanks Phil, its kind of you to go out of your way to post your findings.

What pressures do you use on the street? Do you notice much difference, or trad-off between Ride Quality and Handling Feel with vaying pressures?

Best wishes.

What pressures do you use on the street? Do you notice much difference, or trad-off between Ride Quality and Handling Feel with vaying pressures?

Dick......

Started running the track with about 34 - 38 and Reg suggested the 32F-32/33R lbs area...It made a noticable difference in handling and ride, as you'd expect...Kathy also ran those pressures in her 1150RT and she doesn't want to get them back up to the 36F - 40R or so range that we run on the street on both bikes...But she realizes that it's best to give up a little ride comfort and protect the tires/rims ...Plus better mileage probably...

The skinny, bias ply Pirelli's on the K 75 did quite well I thought and gummed up nicely on the lower edges of the tread area as did Kathy's Bridgestone Battlax's...

The handling of the Pirelli's compared to the Dunlop's I had on the K75 is night and day to me.....I had lost confidence in the tires, particularly after a little incident in Bouquet Canyon, and changed them out with a lot of miles left in them...You gave me some input at the time about tires I think..........Thanks....

Phil.......Redbrick

Archived