IGNORED

R1150RT Glove Box Weatherproofing

litigator

I can see into my glove box if I lean forward. Last week a piece of paper blew out of it. Is it supposed to be open like that?
Uh NO! There's supposed to be a lockable door over it!

If you are asking is the top edge of the glove box suppose to seal tightly up against the underside of the side faring? Probably yes, but most of them do not.

No, I'm talking about a three inch opening between the box and the fairing towards the centerline of the bike.

There is a bezel that attaches to the box and seals to the rubber gasket on the door.

Item #3 here: http://tinyurl.com/dvdwc Is that what you are missing?

Mick

THATS why I love reading this stuff!!!

I'm also missing that from my 2003 RT-P, and assumed it would be something expensive to find and replace. It looks like it's under $10. Yahoo! No more crappy looking piece of plastic crammed in there! Thanks!

That is pretty cool! wink.gif

Also, for those considering the radio-ectomy (on 2002-2003 R1150RT's), save the little plastic grommets that the top of the radio frame screws into and re-install them and the screws in the lower portion before duct taping the seam up tight and re-mounting the now empty "glove box". cool.gif

I didn't do this and when putting the top piece back on mentioned above, it drops down a bit too far. The seam between the two halves seals fine, but the top doesn't fully engage the gasket on the door flap and I get a bit of dirt and grime blown into the glove box through the (albeit small) top gap. thumbsup.gif

Archived