IGNORED

Windscreen Report for GS

CMWingfield

Hi,

With the cold weather setting in across the U.S., I wanted to offer a mini report regarding the Aeroflow Half Faring for the R1200GS.

Last week I had the occasion to ride a little over 100 miles in below freezing temps for the first time since acquiring the Aeroflow. Although I wore my electrics, I never had to turn them on. On top, I wore a long sleeve shirt, my Widder vest and my jacket with liner. There is enough protection from the wind with the Aeroflow that I never felt in the least bit cool. On the bottom I wore some polyproplene tights with a pair of First Gear leather pants. The half faring pushes the air out and away from the rider, leaving a quiet zone over the front of your legs.

While unaffiliated with Aeroflow, If your trying to extend your riding season I feel it is a well researched product that does what it says it will do. No buffeting, no flexing, and no back pressure. I got the standard height windscreen and at 5'11" it seems just right.

Hope this helps someone ride longer!

Mike

Sweet! I hope they make one for my ST! thumbsup.gif

Are you serious? Have you seen what the Aeroflow Half Fairing looks like? It wouldn't fit on an ST to start with, and even in the extremely unlikely event they made one for it, it would make the headlight look as beautiful as Ashley Judd by comparison! dopeslap.gif

Jim cool.gif

It wouldn't fit on an ST to start with, and even in the extremely unlikely event they made one for it, it would make the headlight look as beautiful as Ashley Judd by comparison! dopeslap.gif
ok... let's do a side by side comparison for perspective:

Ms. Judd: Attractive yet traditional RT-style horizontal headlight placement:

00999_Ashley_Judd_014.jpg

ST: Vertical headlight arrangement - more functional and less maintenance:

3_s.jpg

Summary: Both are sweet looking rides and will light up the night. I would be proud to be seen on either.

It wouldn't fit on an ST to start with, and even in the extremely unlikely event they made one for it, it would make the headlight look as beautiful as Ashley Judd by comparison! dopeslap.gif
ok... let's do a side by side comparison for perspective:

Ms. Judd: Attractive yet traditional RT-style horizontal headlight placement:

00999_Ashley_Judd_014.jpg

ST: Vertical headlight arrangement - more functional and less maintenance:

3_s.jpg

Summary: Both are sweet looking rides and will light up the night. I would be proud to be seen on either.

I wasn't referring to the ST being ugly. Read it again. dopeslap.gif

I was saying the Aeroflow windscreen you were asking about would take the ST and turn it into Rosey O'Donnel instead of Ashley Judd.

It is very well known here that I love the ST!

Jim cool.gif

Sweet! I hope they make one for my ST! thumbsup.gif

Are you serious? Have you seen what the Aeroflow Half Fairing looks like? It wouldn't fit on an ST to start with, and even in the extremely unlikely event they made one for it, it would make the headlight look as beautiful as Ashley Judd by comparison! dopeslap.gif

Jim cool.gif

my thoughts exactly thumbsup.gif

I was saying the Aeroflow windscreen you were asking about would take the ST and turn it into Rosey O'Donnel instead of Ashley Judd.

Jim,

I'm not doubting your love for the ST. I've just been chomping at the bit for an excuse to post my favorite AJ picture. grin.gif

Jim,

I'm not doubting your love for the ST. I've just been chomping at the bit for an excuse to post my favorite AJ picture. grin.gif

grin.gif By all means, post more! clap.gif

Jim cool.gif

Archived