IGNORED

I have very little trouble with my K1300GT

Rydrhard

UNTIL the first week in July, when on a trip to Nanimo BC waiting to board the ferry. I shut it off and then it wouldn't start, no cranking good lights, I push started it on and off the ferry. Had to take a motel and park on a hill. In Victoria a day later the starter relay found faulty. It's under the oil tank. Returning home,the final drive, outboard seal started leaking. I have been waiting since July 13/11 for a seal. Blacklfoot BMW Dealer can"t give me an ETA of arrival or shipping or where it"s coming from. Customer service says they will get back to me in a week with some information. I've lost 3 weeks of riding and cancelled 2 trips. Just venting!! The dealership didn't have a set of rear brake pads in stock. You would think somewhere in North America there would be a final drive seal??

You would think somewhere in North America there would be a final drive seal??

Max BMW in NH has two of them if it's P/N 890 $21.63 each.

Pat

With the number on your seal and dimensions a bearing supply store should be able to set you up with a seal. The K bike rear end looks very simular to the R twins. I don't know if it's identical but, looks just reversed to the other side. My R1200ST outside seal was a 60x75x8 (SKF692589) and not hard to change either.

Yesterday afternoon I was told the seals came in and possibly today they may get them installed. Thank you all for the offer of assistance to get me seals. Thanks again. I might be able to go for a ride this weekend to Radium for a swim in the hot springs.

I went on Saturday for a 470 k trip and it worked like a dream. BMW Customer service called me to tell me the seal would arrive Aug 8. 2011. I was picking up the bike at the time of the call. It all worked out.

Archived