IGNORED

Anyone have any suggested routes from Central Fla to Rally...

FLrider

I am leaving Jax on Friday morning and my route does not include any Interstates and very few 4 lane roads.

Depending on where you are in central FL, you could use either US 17 or 19, or come up thought the forest.

I guess I-75 is out too? ;)

Prefer NOT to I-75 although it might be unavoidable for part of the trip.

Google the "Woodpecker Trail"....

I am leaving Jax on Friday morning and my route does not include any Interstates and very few 4 lane roads.

Depending on where you are in central FL, you could use either US 17 or 19, or come up thought the forest.

17 or 19. Coming from St. Pete. I will check those options out... thanks

roadscholar

If you decide not to follow Bernie (and I'll just warn you his sidestand rarely gets deployed : )) here's one for you:

It's fairly direct and takes about the same time as interstates, IF you keep moving (same as you would on the interstate).

Get out of town on the Suncoast Pkwy. then work your way up to Dunellon (either on 41 or thru Lecanto). Stay on 41 to Archer then take 241-S to Alachua (it jogs R and L at 26). Then N on 235, then 239 and pick up 121. Stay on 121 until a few miles before Folkston. L on Spanish Cr. Rd. and continue straight until 301. 301 to almost Jesup (left on Sunset Blvd. around Jesup). L on 169 then left on 129 to Metter. 23 N onto 192 then straight across at Summertown. Turn R on Kennedy Rd. just W of Cross and Green. N. on US 1 to Louisville.

Take Bus. 1 into downtown Louisville (good restaurant across from the Courthouse) and go straight at the light. R on 171 to end. R then left onto 80, left on 17 into Washington. 17 to Elberton then 77 to I85, N then 1st exit onto S.C. 11. 11 N then left on 130 which becomes 281 in N.C. R on 64, left on 215 to Parkway. Pkwy. to Little Switzerland.

You could probably cut off a couple hours by taking I75 to Alachua but the rest would be close to the same as taking 75/85 or 4/95/26, and that's probably what I'd do, W and Central Fla. being the bottlenecks they are. It may not look direct on a map but there's very little traffic on most of the roads and you can make good time. Once you get north of Jesup it gets (somewhat) hilly and curvy and is quite enjoyable, you may almost forget you're actually going somewhere. :)

Look at it on Google Maps and let me know if you have any questions.

Seems like roadscholar has maybe done this trip before! You would be ready to shoot yourself, if you took US19 north from there, by the time you got out of Pasco county!

Come on up. We'll get you on some roads to wear off the casting nubs on your tires' sidewalls!

Archived