IGNORED

UnRally X Event & Route Info Handout

TyTass

Step on up and download your very own official UnRally X Event & Route Info handout.

Click Here for UN X Info.pdf

This thing has info about the UN X schedule, your hosts, lodging info & contacts (just in case), logistics, as well as route and POI data.

That's right, the PDF version of the routes, all 21 of them, are inside!

Seriously now, because are so many route options, this handout is quite large. Print all of it or only what you you think you'll need, it's up to you. I recommend you print in duplex (odd pages on one side, even on the other). The document is set up to have related info on the other side of the same sheet of paper (e.g., route directions on one side, the map on the other). Feel free to fold, spindle, or mutilate to your heart's content.

Please read the route disclaimers on pg. 7.

I hope this is of some assistance to you. Sorry it is so late, but I had some issues that required most of my spare time the last few weeks. We will have some printed copies available next week for those who are already on the road. Please print if you can, as there simply won't be enough for everyone. That would be a LOT of paper.

Cheers!

Lone_RT_rider
WOW! :thumbsup:

Our thoughts exactly Kathy! Craig did an awesome job on this. :) We owe him a great big thank you (in the form of beer) for not only taking the time to do this, but for doing it in the midst of some pretty serious family turmoil. The paper "Routes" are always the hardest thing to get together for these events. Craig has taken it to a completley new level and set the bar for events to come.

Great job Craig!

Now..... "Paging Mr. Paul Mihalka to the courtesy phone please.....a Mr. Paul.....Mihalka, please pick up the courtesy phone, your "many tree's gave their lives for these" Routes are ready." :grin::rofl:

Paul Mihalka

"Now..... "Paging Mr. Paul Mihalka to the courtesy phone please.....a Mr. Paul.....Mihalka, please pick up the courtesy phone, your "many tree's gave their lives for these" Routes are ready. :grin::rofl: "

Hello...hello... this is Paul Mihalka...

It must have been a enormous job to prepare the 54 pages. Thank you!

I have a little problem. When I call up the pdf (iMAC/Safari) I get the introduction page and blank space for the other 53. I'm still working on it, but for now the trees are safe.

"Now..... "Paging Mr. Paul Mihalka to the courtesy phone please.....a Mr. Paul.....Mihalka, please pick up the courtesy phone, your "many tree's gave their lives for these" Routes are ready. :grin::rofl: "

Hello...hello... this is Paul Mihalka...

It must have been a enormous job to prepare the 54 pages. Thank you!

I have a little problem. When I call up the pdf (iMAC/Safari) I get the introduction page and blank space for the other 53. I'm still working on it, but for now the trees are safe.

Paul, I have an iMac. I suggest you download the file by right-clicking on the link about and selecting "Download Linked File..". Once downloaded, then just click on "Downloads" pile (just to the left of the trash bin over in the right corner of your screen). It should be the last document in the column that appears when you click Downloads -- click on it and you'll have it open.

Paul Mihalka

Mark, got it, thank you! Only problem, when I did it I got the small "downloads" window and the pdf came up, but I'm off it and would like to recall it without downloading again. I don't have a "downloads" sign next to trashcan.

Edit: reloaded it to desktop and there I can play with it. Thanks!

Thanks, but you all are worth the effort!

Honestly, the effort wasn't as much as you might think ... I design technical documentation for a living and have the right tools, so to speak. If I had to do this with MS Word, it might not exist at all (or might be even longer).

Next week, we'll all tip a glass in memoriam of the trees we've killed collectively!

+ another 1

Really nice presentation!

900am Monday, huh? Will leave early from my brother's in Thomasville.

Really excited for my first UN!

Registration at 9:00 doesn't imply that everyone must line up right then and there, but getting most people through around that time would be nice.

Besides, some people won't even arrive until after that. Some things will have to be played a bit by ear.

Never fails ... as soon as you put a document out, you find more mistakes! More typos, Arg!

On Pg 51 in the POI listing for Great Smoky Mountains NP: references to "US 421" should read "US 441." It is US 441 that bisects the park.

Never fails ... as soon as you put a document out, you find more mistakes! More typos, Arg!

On Pg 51 in the POI listing for Great Smoky Mountains NP: references to "US 421" should read "US 441." It is US 441 that bisects the park.

I guess you had a snake on the brain!

Precisely! John, I wonder if all the tonado damage we saw up at the western end of the Snake has been repaired yet.

No trees killed by me for this event. Just tucked the pdf into my netbook that goes on the bike and the routes into the gps for selection as my mood might dictate while there.

Nice work- even better than the previous.

Arriving Sun- is there a prizer for "first on site registration"?

But no Dragon ride?!? Fine, I'll do my own.

Sadly, a rider died from injuries suffered on The Dragon yesterday. Discussion about it on the MOA board.

I was giving some thought to doing the Cherohala Skyway both ways. Wonderful road IMO, but its about a 400 mile r/t ride from LS, and a good chunk that is on I-40.

Makes better sense to ride the routes suggested here. And have time to meet everyone.

UN Noob

But no Dragon ride?!? Fine, I'll do my own.

Sadly, a rider died from injuries suffered on The Dragon yesterday. Discussion about it on the MOA board.

I was giving some thought to doing the Cherohala Skyway both ways. Wonderful road IMO, but its about a 400 mile r/t ride from LS, and a good chunk that is on I-40.

Makes better sense to ride the routes suggested here. And have time to meet everyone.

UN Noob

Why in heaven's name would you ride i40 to get there? It's a long, but very worthwhile day to do that trip

Why in heaven's name would you ride i40 to get there? It's a long, but very worthwhile day to do that trip

Agreed! And please don't misunderstand. The Cherohala is probably my favorite motorcycle road. Did it last October when the temps on top were about 35F.

I toyed w/ a possible route from LS using Garmin MapSource. A one-way trip to Tellico Plains, TN comes in at a little under 200 miles. Unfortunately, MapSource also calcs the travel time at four hours, and that's w/ taking I-40 & US-74. Factoring in stops for pics, lunch, etc., it gets close to a 10-hour day.

I'd like to do it, but I'm just not that eager to use one of my UN days to do it.

JohnM

PS> Sorry for topic drift.

321 between Elizabethton and Boone, one of my favoritest roads, is closed to through traffic at some point. This is over near the Snake (421) which is between Boone and Bristol.

----

Archived