IGNORED

Tourance Longevity question

CMWingfield

Hi,

I've got 4500 miles on my Tourance tires, and I'm planning a Christmas trip to Big Bend and beyond. It looks as though I've used up about half the tread on the rear tire, which leads me to believe I've got another 4000 or so miles left on the rear tire, with a thousand or so more than that for the front. But, those chip seal roads in Texas and other western state roads tend to eat away at tires, so is there any thoughts about mileage averages for the Tourances in the chip seal states?

Thanks,

Mike

ShovelStrokeEd

I was getting 13 - 15K on them on my much heavier and heavily loaded GS Adventure. Ran 38/40 and never less miles. Tourances are fine tires. That did include a lot of chip seal roads as well.

In New England and the eastern US and Canada, my Tourances on an R1200GS last about 15,000 miles. Keep your tire pressures up to 40 or so to make them last. Lower pressure means more sidewall flew, which means more heat and wear.

I got 6k miles out of a rear tourance on my 12GS before it was toast confused.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............. Sounds like maybe somebody is a little heavy on the throttle..... grin.gifthumbsup.gif

A friend of mine with a KTM 950 Adv. went on a trip last Spring and burned his rear tire off in 2800 miles tongue.gif. He said he had lots of fun blowing monster rooster tails everywhere, but he's over it now!

YeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww!!! Ride 'em, cowboy!

Archived