IGNORED

Tourances for track day

Ben Peeples

This might be in the wrong forum but I am talking about the tires that come on my R12KGS. I am thinking about running it on the track. How predictable re the stock tourances and how much do I need to back off from say the pilot powers? Thanks, Ben.

If the bike had more power, you'd have to back off some. But as long as they are properly warmed up and if you are smooth on the throttle, you can be at full power through every turn. You'll run out of clearance long before you run out of traction.

The head instructor at the SuperBike school was filming me on Anakee tires, and he backed off in one turn. I asked him about it later, and he said: "there's no way I wanted to get that close to a bike with that lean angle on block pattern tires." tongue.gif He was assuming they wouldn't hold, but they really are quite amazing.

Now the Tourance will take a tad longer to warm up (2.0 laps instead of 1.5), and they'll have (a guess) about 85% of the grip, but they won't get greasy after about 5.0-6.0 laps of really intense pushing it. In other words, their performance won't fall off.

Use 33 lbs in both the front and rear. Crank rear preload up a bit to give you more clearance and to prevent hopping while powering through the corners onto straights.

Archived