IGNORED

Jason Pridemore STAR Riding School

Pat Buzzard

Pat Buzzard

Today I attended the STAR Riding School at Blackhawk Farms, Beloit Illinois. This was the first riding course I have attended since my MSF basic course, and the first time I've ever been on a track. I cannot say enough positive things about this experience. It has completely changed the way I approach\ride my R1100RT. I have learned so much in such a short time that I'm still trying to digest everything. I found the instructors to be very approachable, professional and subject matter experts in everything we did. While my RT was by far the heaviest and slowest bike on the track, I still managed to fling it through the corners, ground out my boot (once), and apparently my rear brake pedal (not sure when that happened)! I am now far more confident as to what both the bike and I am capable. What a fun day! I would encourage anyone who has not attended an advanced rider's course to give Jason's a try. It was AMAZING!!

• 2 weeks later...
I have learned so much in such a short time that I'm still trying to digest everything.

Could I ask that you revisit this thread and update it as the course content 'sink in'?

But first: what do you think were the areas covered most relevant to road riding?

Archived