IGNORED

K75S electrical accessory socket

Dave Labrecque

Dave Labrecque

Just wondering if it's a standard size, or something more specific. I want to build a plug and cable with which I can charge the battery via this accessory socket on the side of the bike.

1) where would I get such a plug and what size should I look for?

2) are there any reasons that this approach to charging the battery is not a good idea?

Thanks.

BMW standard size. Sources: Aerostitch, Bob's, or if you are flush with funds --BMW.

I can't answer your chargeing question. I've wondered about the same thing on an older K 100.

James Clark
The socket on the bike is designed to be used with a charger. Early K75 and K100 bikes came with a owner's kit that included a charger - and not something like today's trickle chargers but more something like this: http://www.premiumrvsupplies.com/Schumacher-Econo-10-Amp-or-2-Amp-Battery-Charger-p-60.html

Airheads came with the charger. Not being equipped with deficient charging systems, brick owners had to pay extra for a charger.

James Clark

Come to think of it, I don't think any bike "came" with the charger. My recollection was that they were offered as a sales promotion to move "Last Edition" 1.0 airheads.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived