IGNORED

Top Box Question

jtb

For those of you who have painted your top box to match your bike I have a question. I am getting ready to paint mine, it is sitting in the living room the top of the box seperated from the bottom and the pad removed. My question is how do I seperate the box liner from the box outer? I want to seperate them so maybe I can get the roundel off the box. is it screwd on or is it stuck on with double sided tape? Either way I need to get the inner liner apart from the outer shell. dopeslap.gif

Tucker 2930,

Did you secure BMW paint for your painter? Or, did your painter just find his own paint?

Did he also clearcoat the color coat?

Thanks for any info.

I had my large trunk lid painted. Never did get inside liner out. Painter was able to paint edges. Came out very good.

Do you have any pictures?

You are right it is glued on, I took a hair drier and was able to pull it off, there are 2 tabs on it to help line it up when you put in back on. I will but new tape on it after I get the lid painted and replace the Roudel.

I took one of the saddle bags to the local auto paint store. They put a litle computer thing on it and it came out with a paint color code for them to mix. My bike is red and the can with paint reads.

DELTRON 2000

For BMW

DBC5563*** T

RED MICA

Will let you know how well it matches after the lid gets painted.

Archived