Beembish

I'm considering selling my Blue, 2005 R1150RT with 11,xxx miles. Extras are:

Russell Saddle with Backrest and Russell pad on Top Case

Elf Pegs

Cee Bailey Larger Shield

New Pirelli Angel tires less than 1000 miles

Heated Grips

Lowered Pegs front and rear

How much extra value are the extras worth when selling bike w/ or w/o?

Russell Saddle with Backrest and Russell pad on Top Case

Elf Pegs

Cee Bailey Larger Shield

Lowered Pegs front and rear

Rob

Somewhere between 6-8K, I'd say closer to $7 would be a good price.

farkles are worth $0. Their value is more for convincing possible buyers than for increasing price.

I'd remove farkles and sell with originals and negotiate added value or sell separatelly either here or ebay.

Good luck. Low miles, sounds liek a great bike. Why are you selling?

Rob

Farkles add little if any extra value to the bike. Accessories are personal choices for you, not the next owner.

Rob

Farkles add little if any extra value to the bike. Accessories are personal choices for you, not the next owner.

Exactly. I had my 1100rt priced right but people still kept trying to negotiate a lower price. They had a number in their head. I took the Sargent seats and the elf pegs off and sold them separately, lowered the price a bit and sold the bike. I made more money. The new owner told me about a year later, "I really need to get a better seat"

$150. I'll even fly in and drive it away for you. :)

I'll give you the same deal as Jerry only make it $500 and I'll buy your immediate family a steak dinner to boot! ;~)

Seriously, sell the farkles on this board. You will come out way ahead.

AdirondackJack

Beembish-

Just did the exact same thing 3 months ago on this forum. Removed farkles, and sold separately from bike. Take bike back as close to stock as you can. Find out what the closest dealer would retail it for in order to set bike price, and sell the farkles for between 50-75% of the original cost (depending upon condition and rarity). You'll come out way ahead. I did.

Good luck,

Dave R.

BugCollector

Geez, it isn't even broken in yet!

I bought a 2004 RT with the original "comfort" seat. Cee-Bailey windscreen, front fender extender and Throttlemeister for 7,000.00. My bike had 42360 miles on it December 26th. Now 54411. The plastic was in near perfect condition, with only a broken attachment stud under the left side triangular cover. Didn't notice that until I got it home. Professionally maintained with documentation. The tires needed replacing after about 500 miles though.

Archived