IGNORED

R1200ST handle bars

sardineone

If anyone has a link to some handle bar risers and/or setbacks for a R1200ST I'd appreciate it. I've put about 800 miles on the bike to give the stockers a try, but they are a bit too much of a reach for the best comfort for me personally.

Shawn,

It appears you've swapped your triple clamp and bars around. Did that quicken your steering? I used to drop my forks on some sport bikes I had less than half an inch and it made a trmendous amount of differance in the steering geometry some times make it scary fast to the point of deeding a dampener.Yours looks like almost a 2inch differance over stock.

Shawn,

It appears you've swapped your triple clamp and bars around. Did that quicken your steering? I used to drop my forks on some sport bikes I had less than half an inch and it made a trmendous amount of differance in the steering geometry some times make it scary fast to the point of deeding a dampener.Yours looks like almost a 2inch differance over stock.

I am not Shawn, but the telelever geometry is unaffected by his h/b conversion. Ride height is unchanged and the "fork tubes" on a telelever are guides for wheel travel only. Shock length, telelever length, and pivot points are the things that need to be changed in order get the effect you describe. To a lesser degree a longer rear shock and/or a longer rear paralever strut would be the easiest/cheapest way to quicken steering. The cheapest way to quicken the steering of your ST is to ride an older Oilhead or K bike for an afternoon. Those steer like a truck compared to the ST.

Archived