IGNORED

R12RT and HID

CraCol

What's the current wisdom on where to purchase, and what issues to watch out for when installing HID bulbs in the low beam position (H7's) on teh R1200RT? Has anyone come up with a solution to the failure light on the dash?

Thanks,

Craig

• 1 month later...

Sorry I don't have a circuit diagram, but we simply bridged the standard headlight lead (the one that plugs into the standard bulb) with a 3.3Ohm resistor. In parallel with the relay. As a bit of heat is generated, we used one with a heatsink and strapped it to the metal of the frame.

I hope that helps.

thanks Brian:

I would prefer to avoid having hanging accessory lights if possible, this looks like a great way to go. thumbsup.gif

chris

Aaah - found a diagram, of sorts. Something like this:

A couple of quick questions on the diagram.. It looks like the resistor is placed across the OEM low beam wiring, and that you run new wire from the relay to the HID bulbs.. Is that correct? On teh resistors, you state a 3.30 Ohm resister in the text, but on the diagram it shows a 15-22 Ohm resistor.. Which value is needed?

Thanks,

Craig

Sorry, that should read 33 Ohm. But 15-22 Ohm should work fine too.

Yes, the resistor is placed across the original wiring, and new leads run from the relay to the HID system. Not directly to the bulbs - but into the ballast.

Archived