IGNORED

Rear suspension squeak

Ian

New squeak that is definitely coming from around the rear spring area. It is very pronounced if I sit on the bike and bounce it up and down. The sound is too far back from the Paralever bearing to be the problem

What parts of the spring/shock/mounts might be the culprit? I don't want to remove this if there is a possibility to lubricate some part in situ.

Ian

Afternoon Lan

Maybe reach in and try pushing/pulling the on the spring as someone bounces the bike for you. Might be the spring contacting the side of the seat or touching the tube.

Maybe see if the spring has slipped over on it’s top or bottom bushing.

Do not lubricate that spring/shock body with anything that remains tacky like spray grease or spray oil’s. As a test maybe try some soapy water then if you really need to lubricate use something like DuPont spray Teflon Multi-Use or similar that dries to a non oily dry lubricant. Anything like grease or oil will just attract and hold dirt so makes the problem even worse in the future.

I've noticed the same thing occasionally, especially after riding on dirt roads. I gave up trying to locate the source, and squirted some Teflon lube on the top and bottom pivots.

I've noticed the same thing occasionally, especially after riding on dirt roads. I gave up trying to locate the source, and squirted some Teflon lube on the top and bottom pivots.

Did you remove the tupperware to get better access?

Ian

ElevenFifty

I resolved a persistent squeak by lubing and torquing the rubber bushing on the paralever arm where it connects to the final drive.

And if you do do that, make sure you 'pre load' it prior to torquing the fasteners.

My wife will not be pleased when I tell her that she is just heavy enough for the pre-load :)

Ian

And if you do do that, make sure you 'pre load' it prior to torquing the fasteners.

My wife will not be pleased when I tell her that she is just heavy enough for the pre-load :)

Ian

I told my wife that I need to 'tune' the pre-load to suit my regular pillion....

Andy

Ian

I told my wife that I need to 'tune' the pre-load to suit my regular pillion....

Andy

BTDT

Nigel

Archived