IGNORED

Anybody order from SW Moto lately?

BMWRich58

Reason being cuz, a buddy of mine ordered tires for his first time on MY ADVICE, and he hasn't received anything since his order the 24th of April. Kinda long wouldn't ya say...he ordered Metz Z-6's and I was told from a previous order(my cousin,10 days) that their was a bit of a delay on those "particular type model/size/brand" because of the logistic's of where they ship from. BUT taking THIS LONG???? Oh co'mon...!

I've had GREAT service from these people in the past but now I feel bad for my friend especially on his FIRST Order and he's not to happy with my suggestion either... :mad:

Anybody else having the same trouble....or is this a rare incident?

Has your friend tried calling SW Moto?

I ordered my last two sets (PR2s) from SW Moto. Last time was January this year. Like your friend it was taking longer to hear from them than I expected so I made a phone call. Turned out the "tire guy" had been run over by an old lady the week before and the owner was having to handle everything and was behind. After the call, I got my tires shipped overnight (though I didn't ask for this) at no additional cost to me.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Most my stuff comes within a day or two depending on what time of day I order it.

Their shipper, OTOH, used to deliver my tires to the wrong place regularly. Once I got that straightened out with my neighbors....

I would call. They're typically a very good company to deal with.

barryNmarin

I've had real good service from RideDirect.com

I ordered a pair of Conti Road Attack 2 and received them in 3 days/free shipping.

Just an alternative you might consider.

Why isn't this the first thing people do? I think this is the 3rd "has anyone ordered from X and did you have problems 'cause I am...." thread in a week. We can provide no value once an order has been placed (you could argue that the wisdom of the board might help prevent you from making a mistake ordering from someone with a track record of problems but that's before you hit the "submit" button on the order form). Once the order is in play, even if the board says "yep, service sucks" it ain't gonna get anyone the product. If the board response is "no problems when I ordered yesterday, three weeks ago, last year...whatever" that ain't gonna get the product either. The only people who can help are on the other end of the telephone. Later you can post positive or negative reactions to the service you received.

This happens on other boards, too, and I always get a chuckle when they take the time to bad-mouth a business to the entire world before even calling them.

I don't think they take calls.

Email only.

They do sometimes have things on back order, but it is clearly marked before you order the tire.

L

For orders or tech support but I believe this is their office # & a question about billing/shipping is never out of line (or their merchant account could be revoked): (520) 628-2947

Email only.

Now that I think on it, I didn't call, I emailed. But I got a call back about 10 minutes after I sent the email.

I wish I could remember things... :grin:

Rich, I ordered a set for my Torrey trip after our last conversation. As always, I got them in 3 days.

Rich, I ordered a set for my Torrey trip after our last conversation. As always, I got them in 3 days.

:dopeslap:

Les, my "road" computer is a 6 year old G4 Powerbook running Panther. All the browsers for Panther are no longer supported. Starting this year, I'm having problems posting on some sites. I can read Facebook but can't post. (the "like" button works) Here, the post window at the bottom sometimes locks up, but the Full Screen post window seems to work most of the time. I got impatient thinking it locked up and copied to the Full Screen.

Guess it's time for a new machine

[/hijack]

russell_bynum
:dopeslap:

Les, my "road" computer is a 6 year old G4 Powerbook running Panther. All the browsers for Panther are no longer supported. Starting this year, I'm having problems posting on some sites. I can read Facebook but can't post. (the "like" button works) Here, the post window at the bottom sometimes locks up, but the Full Screen post window seems to work most of the time. I got impatient thinking it locked up and copied to the Full Screen.

Guess it's time for a new machine

[/hijack]

[hijack]

Funny...my six-year-old PC laptop running Windows still works just fine. #Macfail

[/hijack]

Why isn't this the first thing people do? I think this is the 3rd "has anyone ordered from X and did you have problems 'cause I am...." thread in a week. We can provide no value once an order has been placed (you could argue that the wisdom of the board might help prevent you from making a mistake ordering from someone with a track record of problems but that's before you hit the "submit" button on the order form). Once the order is in play, even if the board says "yep, service sucks" it ain't gonna get anyone the product. If the board response is "no problems when I ordered yesterday, three weeks ago, last year...whatever" that ain't gonna get the product either. The only people who can help are on the other end of the telephone. Later you can post positive or negative reactions to the service you received.

Recently,it only took 10 days for a set of tires to arrive after ordering and they were the same model as I'm currently waiting for. To Quote SW moto... "they were coming from the East coast vendor to them,..then to be "re-shipped" back East to me in the Mid West.

They,SW said the same thing about Gabe's tires back in early April, and I was already prepared for this next wait. No futher correspondence. When said customer called about order "Where/When?? can I expect my tires",both replys were very lame (I'm not going to repeat). So I thought I'd ask if others are having the same results... That's it...No Bad Mouthing.

I'm NOT TRASHING SW Moto....I LOVE SW MOTO....I've on average over the last 10+ years have had on average 4 sets of tires each year delivered to me from other people's order's to be installed.

In fact I think I was one of the first here on this board to ever mention SW as a place for tire purchases.

We always used SW Moto too and received excellent service but now we've switched to Jake Wilson cause we get the same tires cheaper and still free delivery. Also we get them usually overnight.

Archived