IGNORED

R1200R

R12ST

Do you mean latest "camhead". If you do, it's this year's model which now has the latest boxer engine.

Not this year's model, though. The "camhead" came out in 2010 models.

That was the GS and RT; don't think the R1200R got it until this year (though I would not bet a beer on that).

Don_Eilenberger

2011 models got the new engine. 2010 model still had the hexhead engine. And I would bet a bunch of beers on that.

BTW - the '11 red one is REALLY hot looking in person.

2011 models got the new engine. 2010 model still had the hexhead engine. And I would bet a bunch of beers on that.

Saw a black R1200R with a white stripe, wire wheels, very nice.

Hijack,

Not a member of the BMWMOA so I can't post but I will bet a beer or two that the R1200RT has adaptives. It was required by big brother to compensate as air filters blocked, vacuum leaks, worn plugs, etc. It shifts the mapping to allow the O2 sensors to stay within the optimal operating range. If the O2 is constantly correcting for a rich or lean condition it will shift to keep it happy. Long term and short term adaptives. It gets into multiplicatives. If you want more info I can send factory specs on it.

Copyright laws and all that.

I stand corrected...and enlightened.

Archived