IGNORED

stalling out

dutch

new r1200rt , 1600 miles stallsout when down shifting usually between 5&6 gears. going back to dealer on tuesday. any body have clue what the problem might be.

how fast are you going when down shifting from 6th to 5th? if it's a new RT you shouldn't even be using 6th gear from what I've gathered. it sounds like you're tricking the computer, so it stalls out...someone with technical expertise may be able to fill in why this is happening, but that's my guess.

i'm still breaking in my 2009 that I got a little over a year ago...almost 7,000 miles and I rarely use 6th. then again i'm in NYC and ride around New England (not the most straight away's/space to fly).

Steve Kolenda

OK, I'll bite. I guess they forgot to put the page in my manual about not using 6th gear. Trickng the computer??

Morning Dutch

Not much help since we don’t know what year bike you have so we don’t know what engine you have.

New bike r1200rt could be a left over so could be about any year.

What year are you working with? When EXACTLY does it stall? What are you doing with the throttle when it stalls (throttle on/or throttle off/ or steady throttle), how about clutch position at the exact moment of stall. Any chance you are hitting the side stand with your foot?

Otherwise we need to know the year of your motorcycle.

THE BIKE IS 2011 WITH ABOUT 1600 MILES. HAPPENS DOWN SHIFTING FROM 6-5 GEARS, NOT ALL THE TIME. I DON'T THINK I AM HITTING THE SIDE STAND, BUT ANY THING IS POSSIBLE. I HAVE BACKED OFF THE GAS TO SHIFT WITH THE CLUTCH ENGAGED, AND IT JUST TURNS IT'S SELF OFF. MAKES FOR AN INTERESTING RIDE. WE ARE GOING TO THE DEALER ON TUESDAY.

aggieengineer
OK, I'll bite. I guess they forgot to put the page in my manual about not using 6th gear. Trickng the computer??

Those German computers are sooooo gullible. ;)

Archived