IGNORED

Product search, picture storage

TEWKS

I’m looking for an electronic photo album. (for lack of a better discription) I have an external hard drive to backup but, would like something similar that is more photo friendly. Something I can create albums in, plug in to the computer and view.

Anything out there?

Thanks

Pat

I use Picasa. It's free and you can create albums, tag photos, etc. very easily. Just Google it. As a matter of fact, Google owns it.

Pat, if I understand correctly, you're looking for a physical device . . . and not just offsite storage? I can pretty much do what you're talking about on my iPad. I'm just learning my way around, but currently I create the albums/slide shows on my laptop (a MacBook), then can selectively upload them to the iPad. It's also possible to upload documents directly from a camera or SD card. The iPad really makes an excellent photo viewer, but at the prices they command it may be more than what you want or need.

If you instead opt to store photos on line somewhere I like Smugmug. I've had a handful of experiences with their customer service folks and they do a very good job. Compared to buying hardware it's really a bargain at $50 per year. They have different subscriptions, each affording different storage capacity.

Archived