IGNORED

Another Proud Papa story......

Firefight911

Firefight911

No, this one isn't about our little Ms. Amelia. This one is about my 18 year old son, Evan.

Although I am a died in the wool University of Michigan Wolverine fan I am going to have to embrace the Bear. At least for the next 4 years.

Evan has signed his letter of intent and will be attending University of California - Berkeley on a full athletic scholarship starting in the fall. His sport? Pole Vault.

Go Bears!

HERE'S an article and video interview from the LA Times if you'd like to see him in action.

Wow! Between Amelia and Evan there can't be many shirts left in your household that still have buttons on them. Congrats Proud Papa and Mom.

yabadabapal

UC Berkeley is an amazing school. We are all going to be pole vaulting fans from now on. Good Job!

Way to go!

But as a former high jumper I gotta say, those that can, jump, those that can't use a pole.

JK

:grin:

:wave:

Looking forward to hearing about years of success.

Lineareagle

Super, glad he found his niche and a great school too.

I poled vaulted once, oh no wait that was a javelin. LOL

• 1 month later...
Firefight911

His latest accomplishment, a great victory at the Nike Track Nationals held in Oregon.

LINKY

Firefight911
I'm confused. Your last name was not in the vid.

My son's last name is Barr. You see, there was this ex-wife....................

I'm confused. Your last name was not in the vid.

My son's last name is Barr. You see, there was this ex-wife....................

Damn, my ex's last name is Barh. Sorry I asked, but congrats to to YOUR son. :thumbsup:

I used to be a pole jumper in HS, the change in the technology has been incredible. 16'2" is a hell of a vaulter in HS. Keep us posted on how the college career progresses.

good stuff. let's extrapolate the height out to senior year in college??? he must be fast as hell also.

keep us in the loop.

Bar® is an interesting last name for a pole vaulter :rofl:

Wow, I remember when JOhn Ulysses was the first over 16 feet.

Followed by John Pennel who was coached by a friend at Coral Gables HS. Pennel was first over 17 feet.

Coaching, technology, training, will, determination, skill, and a bit of luck are part of jumping. (I did high jump and long jump thru the Jr. Olympics)

I wish him well, the sky is the limit.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Nicely done Phil!

Let's hope he doesn't go for the post-graduate degree in street protests ;)

Archived