IGNORED

New GS Adventurer

KenK

I Just traded in my RT or an Adventurer. As much as I loved the RT, the Adventurer is an absolute blast, AND it is amazing on the highway.

I have a question though. realized after riding it the first day that the gearing was different than the RT. I found out is has an enduro final drive. The only downside to that (if this is a downside), is that the RPM's are higher when cruising. So if for instance I am doing 80, this puts me around 4600/4700 RPM. Can you do this for hours at a time when traveling without any adverse effects to the engine?

Thanks,

Ken

DSC_2102.jpg

Evening Ken

Sure, once properly broken in you can run it all day long at 80 mph. I regularly ride mine at 4,800-5000 rpms for hours on end. The only down side is your fuel mileage will not be the best at high speeds. Well that and the tires will wear fairly fast if you have anything that has a chance of working off-road.

Go for it. Your fuel mileage will go down slightly, but probably not enough to really impact anything considering the size of the fuel tank on the GSA.

BTW......great looking bike. I think that is the first yellow GSA I have seen. :thumbsup:

I'm with ya Ken, :thumbsup:

I just bought a used 1150GS and will be picking it up tonight :clap:

I've have been wanting one for a long time and now its time. I think this summer is going to be a great summer

Haven't decided what to do with my RT yet. I like it a lot.

I have a friend that bought one last year, so I have spent a little time in the saddle, great torque compared to my R1100, love the exhaust note when the valve opens ( 6000? r's). Front end comes up nice too. :D

Didn't like the wind blast,, probably spoiled by RT fairings.

As said, nice looking machine.

I have a friend that bought one last year, so I have spent a little time in the saddle, great torque compared to my R1100, love the exhaust note when the valve opens ( 6000? r's). Front end comes up nice too. :D

Didn't like the wind blast,, probably spoiled by RT fairings.

As said, nice looking machine.

I dont mind the wind. I dont think it's bad at all. Actually on my RT I need more wind when it is hot.

Ken

Hey Ken,I've had mine for nearly 4 years now and she is "Sweet"!

Yes the gearing on the GS is set rather "lo" but still riding her at 65-70mph around 4-4500rpm's and you should still be in the lo 40's for fuel consumption. Metz Tourances will give ya a good 10K+ miles of wear and handle good in the wet.

So it takes another hour of travel to equal what the RT gave you...no biggie..the lack of body work to remove for servicing,the better ergonomics for riding (you can stretch out a little bit),the Adv Tank still offers plenty of wind protection on your lower body an legs just as good if not better than the RT..etc.

Go ride an enjoy and never look back! Oh and go spank a few Squids in the twistys while your at it.

Archived