IGNORED

2011 R1200RT

BrianM

I am thinking of trading in my R1100RT for a 2011 R1200RT.

What sort of extra BMW "features" can I expect with this model?

Well, a key feature is, you get to view two beautiful urine cups on you handlebars... if you don't like the visual then you'll need to look for an '09. The motorcycle is very much redesigned and I feel you'll be happy with the improvements. Good Luck

More power, more torque, better abs, better ESA (if you have it), and I think a better fairing. I think you have a 5 speed. The newer bikes are 6 speed.

I'm sure there is much more.

tsp

Blog: www.swriding.blogspot.com

More and quieter motor, smoother shifting tranny, and best of all is the new windscreen. Wind management is much better than my previous stock and aftermarket screens, it does not bounce or wiggle much at speed, and there is no back buffeting.

Bill

I think the biggest differences you'll feel immediately are the ergonomics and power. More traditional switchgear on the handlebars too.

What problems could/should I expect?

Greater chance of speeding tickets

Going from a cruiser to my RT... I know that is definitely TRUE!

Bike is amazing.

What problems could/should I expect?

Greater chance of speeding tickets

Worked the other way for me. Coming from a K1200RS the potential for performance awards is just slightly lowered.

fourteenfour

loss of funds due to all the gas you burn up?

Only problems are probably the five minutes adapting to the switch gear and the fact you have a real cruise control

Archived