IGNORED

2002 RT Rear Brake Control Circuit

ttorborg

I was doing my routine brake/clutch bleeding last night. Clutch and front brake control circuits went as expected. Then I started on the rear brake control circuits. The first bleeder seemed to have one or two very small bubbles no matter how slow I pumped the brake pedal or how much I bled the circuit. I kept the fluid supply topped off and never let it get below half empty. I noticed a wet spot on the tower that rises from the base of the first bleeder where the aluminum meets the black plastic cap. I wiped it a couple times.

The second bleeded required a half a dozen quick pumps of the brake peddal to get any fluid moving and it seemed to have a lot of air in the brake fluid initially. I could never completely remove all of the air bubbles no matter how much I bleed the cuircuit. The third bleeder was like the first bleeder in that it ran clear with just a trace of a bubble. I then bled the first bleeder again and got it to a point where I had just a trace of a bubble. I put the gas tank back on and took the bike for a ride and the brakes seem operate fine. The brake fluid was clean for all bleeders since this operation was performed 18 months ago. I confirmed that I was bleeding the brake bleeders in the right order. I am concerned about the rear #1 bleeder tower being wet and the my inability to remove all of the air bubbles from any of the three bleeders. Any ideas or recommendations? Tom

cris nitro

When I did my rear control circuit, there was always a fine line of what looked like very little bubbles, no mater how many times I filled the cylinder and bled away. I actually went thru the complete 4 bleed cycle 3 times and could never get the bubbles to go completely away.

So I put it all back together and the brakes feel great. I wouldn't worry about it.

Afternoon Tom

Pretty normal (IF) you didn’t remove the bleeders screws and put some pipe sealer on the threads. A bit of air gets sucked into the fluid stream around the bleeder screw threads. Nothing to worry about as the air enters AFTER the ABS and internal brake system.

Archived