IGNORED

fixing R1150RT mirrors

cali_beemer

cali_beemer

So I was washing the bike the other night and the left mirror popped off. No big deal so I went to put it back on and I suppose I didnt have the mirror alligned right when I went to put it on. The pivot adjuster then did not seem to allow the mirror to go into the correct position and the glass was cracked. My local dealer has the new glass but not the pivot adjuster. So I plan to take it apart and see if I can fix the pivot piece. Has anyone else had this issue? Can the pivot parts typically be fixxed? What am I looking for that might have broke?

On a seperate question, my right side mirror always seems to expose a gap between the mirror and the body on the front pin. I can pop the mirror on and it will go tight and be alligned properly, but then after a while it pops back out. Are there any adjustments to these mirrors?

Afternoon cali_beemer

I can’t help you on the mirror pivot problem as I really don’t know what you broke and how broke it is. You might call Beemer Boneyard to see what they to offer for used parts.

On the mirror coming loose?-- I had the same problem on my last 1150RT and shimmed the ball stud out with a small washer (so it engaged into the mirror socket farther) then re-bent the little spring clip around the mirror socket fingers to tighten that a bit. Never popped loose again.

Captainnice

As an add-on, I zip-tied each mirror to the wiring for the turn signal/running light so that the whole assembly would not "depart the fix" if it were to pop off inflight.

cali_beemer

Well I managed to fix the pivot and I replaced the mirror. All is good now. I will have to work on the other side another day.

Archived