IGNORED

Will 1150RT plastics fit an 1100RT?

ellaguru2u

ellaguru2u

Sorry if this info is available via a search but I could'nt formulate a phrase that would give me a reasonable amount of hits.

Anyway, I like the look of the 1150RT headlamp and wondered if the Munich Men would have saved a couple of Euros (maybe Marks back then) by using the same fairing subframes as the 1100RT.

I wondered if I could get one to fit my 1100RT?

Incidentally I visited the BMW museum in Munich once .... very interesting.

There are many differences in terms of wiring connectors being different, subrames different, colours generally do not tie up between the 1100 & 1150.

So in principle the answer is no.

But if determined and items readily availble then the answer is yes, you can make anything fit (within reason).

Andy

ellaguru2u

I suppose the only way to know for sure is to source some bits and try.

Thanks for the reply

Sorry if this info is available via a search but I could'nt formulate a phrase that would give me a reasonable amount of hits.

Anyway, I like the look of the 1150RT headlamp and wondered if the Munich Men would have saved a couple of Euros (maybe Marks back then) by using the same fairing subframes as the 1100RT.

I wondered if I could get one to fit my 1100RT?

Incidentally I visited the BMW museum in Munich once .... very interesting.

Yes they fit.

There was one for sale over here but currently the website hosting the classified is under mentenance.

I belive it's this one: http://www.bikeshop.ro/show.php?id=375739 (you can check it later if you want).

The bike is a 1100Rt having 1150 upper fairing. And I know the side fairings are also interchangeable ;)

Dan.

Archived