IGNORED

All The Gear, All The Time..........

Firefight911

Firefight911

This is an excellent story set to music. Show this to those you mentor in our sport and as a reminder for yourself.

LINKY

Glenn Reed

Nicely done. I like how she took a horrific event and turned it around to try and make a positive difference in other people's lives.

And now she rides her own bike.

I gatta give that girl a big thumbs up for putting such a presentation together. :thumbsup:

Many folks who have that happen to them chock it up to motorcycles being dangerous and either quit or keep right on doing the wrong things. . .

ryan_a1982

I just took a few minutes to spread this word around. Thanks for the post Phil! Too bad you couldn't make the skills ride last weekend. Maybe you will make the poker run?

Firefight911
I just took a few minutes to spread this word around. Thanks for the post Phil! Too bad you couldn't make the skills ride last weekend. Maybe you will make the poker run?

Tried to get up there but I had a late call at work that prevented me getting there in time.

Regardless, I have been without a motorcycle since April 8. Gotta love BMW "service."

Firefight911

Pat, that picture is PRICELESS!!!!

I can not wait until my Amelia is there!!!!!

Matts_12GS

She's an interesting young lady.

I wrote an article for our club newsletter about her a couple years ago. We traded a bunch of emails, she's definitely very cool.

I ran across her story a couple of years ago. It was far more graphic that that video. It showed the pictures from the hospital and all the scarring. In the article she described all of the pain and suffering in excruciating detail. It should be a must read for all. LINKY

Do an image search on google and you will see how bad it was.

Pat, that picture is PRICELESS!!!!

I can not wait until my Amelia is there!!!!!

Thanks Phil, Just blink! :)

Pat

Jerry in Monument

Good for her for being able to learn from her mistake(s) and thank God she survived in order to pass on her knowledge.

But where in the U.S. is the speed limit 120mph?

Back in the late '70's I took a tumble going about 65 when a piece of lumber flew off the truck I was following and hit my front wheel. When I woke up I was in the ditch, people standing around, my leathers were highly scraped up and my helmet (Arai full face) was cracked open. I had some srapes, bruises and a mild concussion.

A few days ago I was in town and saw some dufus rinding a HD wearing a t-shirt, shorts, flip-flops and no helmet.

Morons like that should have their bikes and license confiscated. Forever.

Indy Dave

:S

SageRider

:S

The H-D rider likely made it to his destination intact. In your example, you did not.

Wonder if the H-D rider is thinking exactly what you posted???

Glass houses and all that...

russell_bynum
Good for her for being able to learn from her mistake(s) and thank God she survived in order to pass on her knowledge.

LOL.

I suppose you've never exceeded the legal speed limit?

A few days ago I was in town and saw some dufus rinding a HD wearing a t-shirt, shorts, flip-flops and no helmet.

So...just how far can you see from up there on your high horse? It must be a really great view. You should snap a few pics and share them with the group.

yabadabapal

It still amazes me as to the amount of intelligence and skill you have to have in order to be a really good motorcyclist.

Im not even an amateur. Good reminder on ATGATT.

4wheeldog
Boots, CHECK Helmet, CHECK Binky, What the! :grin:

Pat

That is not a binky, that is a mouthpiece!

yabadabapal

I looked at this after reading the posts. How in the hell do you avoid this. ATGATT definitely helped.

russell_bynum
I looked at this after reading the posts. How in the hell do you avoid this. ATGATT definitely helped.

That video got posted here several years ago and if I'm not mistaken, the girl riding the bike actually signed up and responded to the posts.

Sometimes sh!t happens. You can't mitigate all risk. Motorcycling is an inherently risky passtime and no amount of protective gear is going to change that. Here at bmwst.com, we've lost several dear friends who were wearing full protective gear, not breaking any laws, etc. Sometimes shi!t just happens.

Jerry in Monument

LOL.

I suppose you've never exceeded the legal speed limit?

So...just how far can you see from up there on your high horse? It must be a really great view. You should snap a few pics and share them with the group.

Ok, points taken.

Yes, I have exceeded the speed limit. That's one reason I was without a bike for 23 years. I had 'Crotch Rocket Fever'. 1983 Suzuki GS1100E with some aftermarket....enhancements. 180HP at the rear wheel. My wife knew I was going to become a grease spot on the highway and we agreed that I sell it when we got married in 1984. I know for a fact that I exceeded 180mph on public roads.

But I've matured. ;)

Tried a CB750F in 1998 and fell victim to a relapse although that POS was not anywhere near as deadly (or fun).

As to the clothing issue; way back in the past I have ridden in shorts and t-shirt, but not flip-flops. That's just goofy.

I apologize for my harsh comments. Especially since I couldn't get the film developed on my 'high horse'.

Thanks for the reality check.

I can't believe she ever got on a motorcycle again. I'm still crying. I'm glad she did and is trying make others safer.

Archived