IGNORED

"Phoenix" switch for PIAA lighting on RT?

twilmotte

To switch on/off his PIAAs and Motolights my riding buddy has the R1200C "Phoenix" switch set up mounted on the right handle grip area of his K1200LT. I'd like to have the same set up on my R1150RT when I install my PIAA lights. Does anyone have this switch set up on your RT and does it fit OK? I'd hate to order the parts (about $90) and then find out the switch housing won't fit on the RT handlebar. Thanks. smile.gif

Tom, are you familiar with the autoswitch?

Link> Autoswitch

This works wonderfully, you don't need an extra parts, it works with the turn siganl cancel button, and it installs absolutely invisible. You really should consider it.

The cost for the RT is about $30, then add the PIAAs.

I doubt you'll get one opinion that suggests this isn't the best solution for the RT.

Good Riding.

Go with the Autoswitch, I have 2 sets of lights and 2 autoswitchs. 1 on the hi-beam flash and one on the turn signal cancel. LOVE EM!

I even used one on my Dodge Truck to turn on my driving lights with the hi-beam flash.

Roger

I doubt that it will fit. The profile of the tapered cast bars of the RT being so much different than that of the more traditional tube bars on the C series.

the R1200C "Phoenix" switch

Picture, please. In its absence, it sounds like a Euroswitch, which is the standard right side switchgear plus a three-position switch to control headlights and parking lights.

They're not plug-and-play for 2004 and later bikes, although with some wire work it can be fitted and set up to control aux lights.

An Autoswitch might be less hassle, and is decidedly less expensive.

Archived