IGNORED

While waiting for Speedo cable

bmweerman

I seem to have a broken speedo cable that has just enough "whatever" left in it to "tickle" the speedo into showing 10 MPH or so.

Just ordered another cable but it will not be here for a few days. Is it better to leave the cable where it is or disconnect it so it doesn't flop around in the speedo? Is it doing any damage in there?

As always

TIA

Is the odometer also not working? If it's not and it's just "tickling" the speedo needle, the cable is probably snapped inside the sheath/housing. Since I don't think you can order just the interior cable (can you? confused.gif ) and the cable/housing will be changed out as one unit it should be better to keep it in place as it will keep dirt and rain out of the cable entrance port on the back of your speedo. If the odometer is still working properly, you've got a bigger problem than just the cable--in which case leaving the cable in place couldn't do any additional harm. frown.gif

(BTW, I edited your sig line as the extra "http:" was fouling up the link. See you both in January in Death Valley!! thumbsup.gif )

Archived