IGNORED

Which Injector Cleaner

axabmw

What fuel injector cleaner do you guys recommend.UK.

Bike has been unused for about a fortnight and after starting it today it is running really rough. It is in need of a service but wasn't running too bad before I stopped using it.

Chevron Techron seem to be the most highly regarded product just about everywhere. If you're going to bother with a fuel injector cleaner at all then I believe the Techron product to be the best choice.

In both my BMW cars (both with high mileage), for injector cleaner I use Jectron by Lubro-Moly (a German company) and I use their product called Ventil-Sauber to remove deposits from the valves. You can do a Google search on Lubro Moly to find folks that sell it there in the UK or go to:

http://www.gprparts.com/brands/lubroMoly/index.asp

although I don't know if they ship overseas or not. I'm a satisfied user for many years.

I've had two different bike brand dealers (one BMW) tell me that the only way to really clean injectors is to take them out and clean them. They both sell their bike brand of cleaner but don't have any use for it. FWIW.

What fuel injector cleaner do you guys recommend.UK.

Bike has been unused for about a fortnight and after starting it today it is running really rough. It is in need of a service but wasn't running too bad before I stopped using it.

I thought premium gas -assuming you use premium- has some type of injector cleaner already in it.
It does, actually most gasoline products (all grades) contain fuel injector cleaner nowadays. I think the value of the supplemental cleaners is pretty suspect... you'll find a lot of 'it ran better after I used the cleaner' comments but I think quite often that is an example of one expecting an improvement and sensing it for that reason, and that an objective test of engine performance would reveal no difference at all.

Archived