IGNORED

My CHP ticket is not in "the system." Now what?

Bill Dennes

Bill Dennes

I received a performance award from CHP on March 5th. The court date is 4/27/2011. As of right now there is NO RECORD of that ticket in the L.A. Superior Court system. No record of any activity under my CDL number either.

If the darn thing is still not in the system as of the court date, what the heck should I do? Of course I'd rather not pay fines or go to traffic school. More than that, I DEFINITELY don't want to become a "wanted man" either.

Is there a protocol for this? Can anybody point me to some info?

TIA!

If it's the Torrance court, go in mid morning or mid afternoon and see what the court has.

If they have nothing, you may find out something from CHP, such as they didn't file it or what.

(I believe you are checking online. If you already went to the court, check with CHP).

dc

Your court date is when you'll enter your plea - guilty or not guilty. At that time, they'll record the citation number and any other info, then try to find it in the system.

If you plead guilty, they'll set your fine, and you're done with it. Perhaps traffic school is an alternative.

If you plead not guilty, there will be a trial date set.

If the cop doesn't show at the new trial date, you win.

If you do nothing, they will likely find the citation, add fees and additional fines, perhaps issue a warrant, and suspend your registration and or license at the next renewal date.

At least that's my understanding.

Yeah, FTA warrant.

Or do they anymore?

If you check online, and find it, you can get an extension, pay the fine, go to traffic school, get another extension, and probably some other things too.

It usually shows up in the system, and is available online, after a few days.

Court's website, under traffic. County wide.

dc

I received a performance award from CHP on March 5th. The court date is 4/27/2011. As of right now there is NO RECORD of that ticket in the L.A. Superior Court system. No record of any activity under my CDL number either.

If the darn thing is still not in the system as of the court date, what the heck should I do? Of course I'd rather not pay fines or go to traffic school. More than that, I DEFINITELY don't want to become a "wanted man" either.

Is there a protocol for this? Can anybody point me to some info?

TIA!

Your signature on the ticket is your promise to appear in court and take care of the ticket on, or prior to, the date on the bottom of the ticket. Go to court on the court date cited, speak with the presiding judge in the traffic court, if they don't have your ticket ask for some kind of paperwork showing you came to court (worst case scenario, go to the sheriff's office and ask for a piece of papar with their time stamp on it). If they don't have your ticket, show them your copy and tell them you want to enter a "not guilty" plea. If for some reason your ticket shows up in their system later, you can always change your plea and go to traffic school when you go back to court.

Document everything.

yabadabapal

I had to go to court once for walking my dog off leash. I kept trying to find it on record prior to my date. But I showed up as scheduled and explained that I was playing basketball and my dog likes to run back and forth with me on the outdoor court.

The judge dismissed it thank goodness. Thats my only experience.

Just show up, be honest, and you will be fine.

Bill Dennes

How 'bout this:

When I checked online for my ticket first thing this morning, There It Was in "the System."

Ain't it amazing what can happen overnight while DMV and Courts are closed? ...and how?

They monitor the computer of all who receive a ticket.

If you didn't have any reason to be paranoid, well there ya go. Big Brother may be watching closer than you think! :rofl:

They monitor the computer of all who receive a ticket.

If you didn't have any reason to be paranoid, well there ya go. Big Brother may be watching closer than you think! :rofl:

Or he could just be monitoring BMWST... although he probably would have more customers on advrider :)

motorman587

In the great State of Florida the officer has 6 days to turn in citations to traffic court. How long it takes to get in the system may take a while I am sure especially the hand written ones.

I had to go to court once for walking my dog off leash.

Hmmmm . . . I can't imagine how this slipped by the BMWST criminal background check when you first registered here.

Archived