IGNORED

remote for iPhone?

Dave_C

I have a remote for my iPod that I've had for years. There is a small receiver that plugs into the bottom of the iPod and allows me to keep it in my jacket pocket. Then there is a small wireless remote that I keep strapped to the handlebar that controls volume, forward/back and pause. Is there a similar product for the iPhone?

James Clark

Have you tried using the adapter with the iPhone? Aren't the connectors compatible?

If the remote connects to the adapter via BT, have you tried pairing the remote directly to the phone's BT?

My results have been hit-or-miss with older accessories.

I've got an in-car cradle with a wheel mounted remote. It's a Griffin Technology product, designed for the iPod, but works (90%) with my iPhone. (3GS)

The catch? The iPhone needs to have the iPod app running (in front) for it to START playing.

If the iPod app is running in the background, it works well for changing tracks, volume, and pause/play. If you hit STOP, it won't respond to PLAY unless the iPod app is the 'front' app on the iPhone.

YMMV, of course. I can't remember the name of the gizmo - I got it long ago, before the iPhone came along. I often get the 'iPhone won't work with this accessory' warning, but it does. (Though it doesn't seem to charge the battery when the iPhone is in use. Seems to charge it slowly when in standby mode.)

I guess this is just a long-winded way to say "plug in what you've already got, and try it." You won't damage it, but you may not get full function (or any function) out of it.

I have an iPhone 4 and use my Sena SMH10 (bluetooth) to control it with voice commands while riding. Hope this helps, not sure what you want to do "remotely".

I have an iPhone 4 and use my Sena SMH10 (bluetooth) to control it with voice commands while riding.

That's what I will be using as soon as I can get out and ride.

Archived