IGNORED

Help! Replace flooded R1150RT w/ R1200RT in SE FLORIDA

BocaMike

Wilma brutally murdered my dearly beloved 2002 R1150RT. I found her in my garage in Key Largo, 25" under mucky Baywater...

So I gotta replace my fifth RT a little earlier than expected.

Where do my fellow South East Floridians go, when they need new Beemers at good prices and excellent service?

Your input (and condolences) are highly appreciated!

i've purchased two from daytona and was happy with the price. happy with the service as well. i stop in orlando every now and then. they seem to be good guys. don't think any personnel changed when daytona took over.

good luck.

Mike -

Gotta go with the crowd on this one - BMW of Daytona might just be your best bet. I'd love to be able to recommend 441 Cycle here in Plantation - just can't get myself to do it.

Some possible good news on the horizon: BMW Motorcycles of Miami is opening up soon (or has already - BMW Motorcycles of Miami, 7501 NW 36th St Miami, FL 33166 786-845-0052). They have a real opportunity in the marketplace down here - I bet they'd love to have some new customers - might be worth a call.

Sorry about the bike!

I'll vote for 441 Cycle Shop of Plantation/Fort Lauderdale.

I did my shopping then went there and found a black R1150RT on the floor, just what I wanted. I made an offer and picked up the bike that Saturday.

I also serviced the bike there many times before moving to CA....again, no problems.

I have heard the grumbling about 441, and maybe they have changed. My experiences there were all good. Deal with Fred directly, if he is still running the place. Sometimes his help can be a bit pushy.

Finally, if I were to have some warranty issues with my new bike, I want to have the local shop (with seasoned mechanics) in my back pocket. Something to think about....

Good Luck!

Time to move on! My daughter and my wife prescribed the right medication for post hurricane stress relieve: Get yourself a new bike!

So I sent out some e-mails to check on inventory. Ed Gallo of Ft. Myers was the best and the fastest. He just did not have the bike I wanted. He faxed me his whole inventory list. This guy is awesome. Ty Mckewen of Daytona replied immediately and he had the bike I wanted. Orlando did not really want my business and Fred of 441 never responded to multiple inquiries. I bought one bike from him and had other bikes serviced at his shop. When I asked him a while ago (on the phone) to call me, when the new RT's were coming in he never bothered.

Daytona was a great experience: I left Key Largo at dusk and picked up my bike at noon. Everything was ready and 700 miles later (up and down) I'm back in Key Largo with my new RED RT. This bike is awesome. What an improvement over the 1150! Smooth shifting, no surging. Easy to take off the Tupperware. Battery is accessible now, w/o removing all the plastic. I still don't like the Honda dashboard and some other styling elements. Somehow it feels like sitting on one of these weird Burgman Scooters...

The 1150 is way prettier, but the 1200 is way better.

I miss my Rick Mayer Leather Seat, which was way more comfortable. Any suggestions?

The OEM windscreen is really good - very little noise and even good protection from rain, but I think I will get Cee Bailey (again) to improve the protection from the elements.

Now I got to re-install my GPS, my V1 and my MP3. The Kisan TailBlazer from my 1150 triggers the ABS error, so I have to work with Kisan on this issue (the guys are great, btw!)

Still waiting for my insurance adjuster to put my 1150 to rest!

From one new red RT owner to the next... congrats!

It's a scientific fact that Piedmont Red adds approximately 1.78 hp at the rear wheel. I read that on the Internet so it MUST be true. wink.gif

Archived