IGNORED

Schuberth C3 and Autocom Installation

malcolmblalock

malcolmblalock

Well, I'm crazy; just bought a Schuberth C3 helmet. Way too much money, but it's a nice helmet, lighter than my Shoei Multitec (in classifieds) and some quieter. Plan to keep it a loooong time!

Does anyone have experience installing the Autocom head loom (speakers and microphone)? I haven't started trying yet; haven't had time. But if anyone has experience (good or bad) with this installation that they can share, it may help me to do it.

Would consider the SRC System, but have so much $$ tied up in the Autocom that I need to use it until it breaks.

Any information or suggestions anyone may help will be appreciated.

CruisinCruzan

Just installed the headset into my wife's C3W very easy and straightforward, you should have no problems.

Your not Crazy to get the C3. Leaps and bounds lightest and best over the C2 and I thought that was great at the time! I hooked in My interphone and it was a breeze! Special recess for the ear pocket behind the liner and no Cutting it up!

Very easy install of the Autocom. I've done it on the original Concept, the C2 and now my new C3. C3 was the easiest by far. Just "tac" the mic down to the lower edg with masking tape and trial fit it until it is just the right place. Then go back and glue it in place with hot glue. Hot glue is lousy glue which makes it perfect for this because it can be removed (with a little work). It cures fast and holds the mic just right. Spend some time with moving the speakers around a little until you have them exactly over your ear hole. Then use the velcro/foam pads to move them out until they just "barely" touch your ear which will result in good volume. Then tidy up the wires and your all set. I also used hot glue to attach the primary connection lead to the shell so it wouldn't pull out.

• 1 year later...

Archived