IGNORED

Las Vegas Ride

Perlova

Hi

We are going to Las Vegas for a conference. I have a chance to rent a bike for one day. Can anyone recommend a day ride that would be interesting?

Roman

Wow... Never expected that.

I might have to check that out one of these days.

Depends on how much they charge to go see holes in the desert. :grin:

Okay death and nukes. All cool things to see, but what about Valley of Fire or Laughlin?

What are good routes to ride away from major highways?

ericfoerster

Lake Mead loop. Out to Henderson and around the lake. Great views and the road is so-so. Go out to the Valley of Fire.

cali_beemer

When are you going to be there? The Laughlin River Run is April 27th - May 1st this year. Its a huge event, I believe the largest motorcycle rally west of the Missisippi. About 100k motorcycles, tons of vendors, lots of food....ya never know what you might see down there. I will be down there this year again. I love going. Its mostly built around Harleys but there is something there for everyone. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki...are all there set up with there traveling semi's. There is quite a bit to ride to from there like the Grand Canyon, Oatman, AZ and the London Bridge down at Havasu.

http://www.laughlinriverrun.com/

Okay death and nukes. All cool things to see, but what about Valley of Fire or Laughlin?

What are good routes to ride away from major highways?

Valley of Fire is very scenic.

Lake Mead loop. Out to Henderson and around the lake. Great views and the road is so-so. Go out to the Valley of Fire.

With a day to kill I would probably do the above and add in rides up to Mt. Charleston via the canyon roads. Possibly add a run out to Red Rock to take in the scenery.

Archived