IGNORED

Wildlife at home

Paul Mihalka

Taken from our deck half hour ago:

deerIMG_1260.jpg

We love them when they are not on the road...

very thoughtful of you to put lawn chairs out for them......

Understand they taste just like venison. Get an apple and a hammer and go hunting.

----

Bambi McNuggets! Tasty with BBQ sauce :-)

We love them when they are not on the road...

I pretty much have lost all love of them.

I wish hunting season was 1 week a month.

They are too numerous around here.

We could feed a lot of people....

Took these at our place in Montana this past August.

1228308343_qgciz-L.jpg

1228308507_yTDbr-L.jpg

The little guy I had been following for some time, and was about 40 feet away when I snapped the shot. But when I went around the shed, his older brothers and cousins spooked me and I barely got off a couple crappy, poorly focused shots. There were seven bucks in all. I guess they were having a stag party....

Hooved vermin! When we lived in the Bay Area, the damned things would come into town via the creek beds and eat up our landscaping and gardens.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Hooved vermin! When we lived in the Bay Area, the damned things would come into town via the creek beds and eat up our landscaping and gardens.

We were quite surprised to see three of them in our yard this morning. They seemed nice, until they started eating our shrubs; that was when I had to ask them to leave.

Wait until you go out in the morning to discover they have mowed the entire vegetable garden, perfectly evenly, half an inch above the ground, didn't miss a thing. I'm still trying to finish the new deer fence but the tulips are getting ahead of me. They love tulips, grrr.

We used to feed ours roses and hostas, but haven't been able to keep up with the demand. Squirrels got the tulips several years ago.

----

Hooved vermin!

Agreed. But I like to think of them as "hooved pepper steak" and "hooved jerky." It's really too bad they don't hang out like this come hunting season....

How very dare you ..........only two chairs for three deer, what were you thinking :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Steve

Archived