IGNORED

Clutch bleed unit.

Urban Surfer

Urban Surfer

While bleeding the clutch a few year back, I overtightened the plug on the bleeder unit. Now I have rounded it off on the inside trying to take it out, and I have no idea how to get it out. Does that bleeder unit come off? or do I have to replace the line from the clutch slave cylinder? Or is there some mechanical magic that will remove it? (easy out)

You could try to heat the outside of it and the screw to take it out using a larger allen hey hammered in, or a screw extractor...

If that does not work, I do not think a new line would be that expensive... ;)

Dan.

The end of the unit with the blanking plug is screwed into the hose. You need to carefully heat the end of the hose to soften the loctite, then unscrew it. The hole that is left will take a conventional bleed screw - 10mm from memory.

Andy

As Andy said, you need to heat the unit up to dismantle.

Try to get the heat mainly into item 12 to prevent damage to the hose attached to item 11.

Once nicely heat soaked, a set of good fitting wrenches will do the business, as you unscrew item 12 (vent/filling adaptor) from item 11 (hose end fitting).

Then insert the normal bleed nipple into the end of item 11. (No loctite needed).

5503.jpg.904869bac92434052f04e59000c2fbce.jpg

Advise flare nut wrench on item #11. I took this apart without heating, but it was not easy. :dopeslap:

Aha, the heating part is what makes the difference.

Andy

The end of the unit with the blanking plug is screwed into the hose. You need to carefully heat the end of the hose to soften the loctite, then unscrew it. The hole that is left will take a conventional bleed screw - 10mm from memory.

Andy

Make it a speed bleeder, easier maintance.

Archived