IGNORED

fresh meat :)

miker1100rt

miker1100rt

Hi Im Mike...recently got a 2000 r1100rt and love it...my first twin, my first BMW........and good jeebus its huge (2 me)....lookin forward to gleaming a few seeds of knowledge from you lot!!!

mike

Hi Im Mike...recently got a 2000 r1100rt and love it...my first twin, my first BMW........and good jeebus its huge (2 me)....lookin forward to gleaming a few seeds of knowledge from you lot!!!

mike

.....and I wanna see some pix of your Homeland.

Welcome!

CoarsegoldKid
...lookin forward to gleaming a few seeds of knowledge...

You never know, maybe even some stems of knowledge too.
lookin forward to gleaming a few seeds of knowledge from you lot!!!

The first thing you need to know, 'round these parts it's bacon they hanker after, not fresh meat. On the other hand, that means you are probably safe, for the moment. :)

Welcome on board the board.

Seeds of knowledge from these blooming idiots. Well, there's certainly enough fertilizer being spread for something to take root.

----

...lookin forward to gleaming a few seeds of knowledge...

You never know, maybe even some stems of knowledge too.

Crap. Another stems and seeds forum. Just what I need.

:P

Hi Mike, welcome on board! I'm on my 1st BMW as well and this has been a good place for common and obscure knowledge. :wave:

Welcome MikeR.

My wife and I have a life dream to visit Ireland.

Take everything you hear on this forum with a grain of corn beef, potato and salt and Happy St. Patty's Day (slightly belated) :wave:

He works for GoodYear?

I think Whip was looking for some curves from a camera attached to your knee while you are crossed up on a gravel road at 90k!

Mike, despite the fact that it's Friday and that some of the respondents have already been into any one of a number of despicably weak American substitute for Guiness, you are in fact among friends.

I had a '99 1100RT that I rode for nearly 100K miles before selling it. I tried the FJR, even the V-strom. In the end I found another low-mileage 11RT and am enjoying a second marriage with a ravenous wench.

Ask away. We're here to share and help (and give you a little grief since you live in one of the most beautiful countries on earth).

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Mike,

Welcome! Photographs of most rides are something of a requirement from the land of green.

Happy St. Patty's Day (slightly belated)

Slight hijack here but I was eating my corned beef, potatoes, carrots (no cabbage) and drinking my green beer (yep, typical faux-Irish St Patrick's Day feast) and someone mentioned a disagreement over St Patty's vs St Paddy's...said the latter was correct as Paddy was short for the masculine Patrick vs. Patty being short for the feminine Patricia. Was he jerking our chain? Is it St. Paddy's Day and not St. Patty's?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Happy St. Patty's Day (slightly belated)

Slight hijack here but I was eating my corned beef, potatoes, carrots (no cabbage) and drinking my green beer (yep, typical faux-Irish St Patrick's Day feast) and someone mentioned a disagreement over St Patty's vs St Paddy's...said the latter was correct as Paddy was short for the masculine Patrick vs. Patty being short for the feminine Patricia. Was he jerking our chain? Is it St. Paddy's Day and not St. Patty's?

Inquiring minds want to know!

After a few beers, does it really matter :grin:

miker 1100RT,

You made your first bit of discovery, it is huge and I offer my condolences, I basically gave away my 1100RTP to the dealer just to rid of the best. 800ST is a much better bike for those short in stature, lean of excess muscle and not in need of bigger is better. Half of the folks on this forum are riding mounts way over their ability but don't know it and make endless mods to rectify the situation.

Good luck on lowered seat, and suspension mods to make it fit.

Oh, and get an extra HES, it'll crap out unexpectedly.

Archived