IGNORED

Highway 1 Partially Closed

David13

Joe Frickin' Friday
Just one of those springtime potholes I see.

We get those in Michigan every spring.

Danny caddyshack Noonan
[iN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA]

IS CLOSED FROM 12 MI NORTH OF BIG SUR STATE PARK

/AT THE BIXBY CREEK BRIDGE/ TO 10 MI SOUTH OF THE CARMEL RIVER BRIDGE

/AT PALO COLORADO/ (MONTEREY CO) - DUE TO A SLIP-OUT - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO

USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

"Tis but a scratch

I've had worse"

Nice n Easy Rider

I have a feeling that coming around the corner to see that, whether riding/driving, would get the heart pumping pretty fast. :grin:

Closed at Devil's Slide area, too. South of SF.

Again? I thought the new bridge solved this problem area!

I guess not.

More photos.

Some sources say inside sources say one month. But it looks like this was the original 1932 shoring, which may take some serious rebuilding.

Geezer, do you mean the bridge on highway 2?

dc

20110316_113154_20110316_111518_17HWY1X_GALLERY_GALLERY.gif

20110316_113305_20110316_111444_17hwy1_GALLERY_GALLERY.gif

20110316_113032_20110316_112119_17HWY1XX_GALLERY_GALLERY.gif

Soil probably got loosened up the tsunami.

The local news stations are denying any involvement by the Tsunami-

Law enforcement was quick to close the road to vehicle traffic...they were letting people park and walk up to the slide until

somebody figured out that it might not be finished sliding yet...Is completely closed now.

Up side-- the detour takes you through Hunter Liggett on Naciemento-Ferguson Road, a very

scenic winding twisty narrow (etc.) with great views to keep drivers otherwise engaged...

Hmm....mebbe not such an upside after all..) :dopeslap:

They are estimating a month before traffic flow is restored.... ;)

:rofl::rofl:

More photos.

Some sources say inside sources say one month. But it looks like this was the original 1932 shoring, which may take some serious rebuilding.

Geezer, do you mean the bridge on highway 2?

dc

No, Devil's Slide in Pacifica. I guess I was premature. The bridge is probably/possibly complete but the tunnel is not.

Great pics. Thanks!

Danny caddyshack Noonan

They said on the news it was a bedrock failure and weren't sure why it would happen. That usually doesn't bode well for repairs.

cali_beemer

I was just on that section of Hwy 1 this last weekend for a little trip to Morro Bay. It sucks that this happened. There are already 2 spots that traffic stops at a light to cross the single lane. same thing has happened before in other spots. I was already looking forward to going down there again but this put a halt in those thoughts. Maybe a trip to fort bragg will or somewhere in Oregon may be in order.

I just rode it both ways last month two-up and fuly loaded on a Gold Wing. I'm sure the weight of those two passes probably weakened the bedrock

Archived