IGNORED

Moved to St George Utah

tgregg

After many years of going through Utah on my way to Torrey we finally pulled the trigger and moved up here! We're settling into our new home in SunRiver St George. The weather has been beautiful and I'm going riding today even though lots of boxes still need to be unpacked.

That is one of my favorite areas. Reasonably good weather most of the year and some stunning natural beauty just outside your doorstep.

After many years of going through Utah on my way to Torrey we finally pulled the trigger and moved up here! We're settling into our new home in SunRiver St George. The weather has been beautiful and I'm going riding today even though lots of boxes still need to be unpacked.

Congrats and hmmm! :thumbsup:

In response to:

Poster: tgregg

Subject: Re: Moved to St George Utah

Thanks, we're very excited. I can do Torrey now and sleep in my own bed. 214 miles from the new house to Torrey.

I hear so much about Torrey. I can't wait until I retire and I can attend Torrey and some of the other rallies. I feel like I am missing out on a lot of the fun.

How far is Torrey from Prescott, a good days ride?

In response to:

Thanks, we're very excited. I can do Torrey now and sleep in my own bed. 214 miles from the new house to Torrey.

I hear so much about Torrey. I can't wait until I retire and I can attend Torrey and some of the other rallies. I feel like I am missing out on a lot of the fun.

How far is Torrey from Prescott, a good days ride?

A very good day's ride... Jerome, Oak Creek Canyon, then up into UT either via hwy 12, or hwy 95... who could pick? Oh yes that would be a very good day's ride indeed . However, it would be smart to consider making it a longer ride and stop in Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon, Canyon de Chelly, Monument Valley or Natural Bridges on the way, or even add to it and visit the Arches and Canyonlands parks near Moab.

Yeah, it's an 8 hour ride, but I am causing trouble. :)

In response to:

Poster: Twisties

Originally Posted By: Lmar

Quote:

In response to:

How far is Torrey from Prescott, a good days ride? [/Quote]

A very good day's ride... Jerome, Oak Creek Canyon, then up into UT either via hwy 12, or hwy 95... who could pick? Oh yes that would be a very good day's ride indeed . However, it would be smart to consider making it a longer ride and stop in Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon, Canyon de Chelly, Monument Valley or Natural Bridges on the way, or even add to it and visit the Arches and Canyonlands parks near Moab.

Yeah, it's an 8 hour ride, but I am causing trouble. smile

The reason I am asking is that we have a home in Prescott. We only get to spend summer, Christmas and Easter time there.

A year and a bit from now we plan on retiring and spending more time in Arizona. More time means more riding, hopefully hitting some of the rallies that I am missing.

And I am not trying to cause trouble. :)

Soooo...I have to ask. If your primary goal was to get closer to Torrey, why didn't you move to Torrey?

:grin:

Probably thought 214 miles was close enough to a town with residents like this.

rowley_birkin_100.jpg

Greg First thing to learn is how to pronounce the name of your new city. It's St. Jar-ggghh. (at least that's the way some of the old timers there call it) They say it's the fastest growing city in the state. Lots of great country to ride. Welcome !

Soooo...I have to ask. If your primary goal was to get closer to Torrey, why didn't you move to Torrey?

:grin:

Probably thought 214 miles was close enough to a town with residents like this.

rowley_birkin_100.jpg

I thought about that.

:D

Good move and welcome.

It doesn't really get hot in St. G, just warm. We were headed there when we relocated and thought the place nice. In the 7-8 years since then St. George has really grown and become more livable.

Keep an eye out for Mark Rebholtz... a St. G. good guy who was on BMW and this board for a while. He was/is an active rider and I think he might have gone over to the V-Strom side. Say Hi for me.

Enjoy, and you will soon learn that SLC is not really all that far away.

DaveTheAffable

Congrats on the move! Mrs. Affable and I will be in St George next Mon - Wed on business. We will be coming up in the company cage though.

Enjoy your new diggs!

baggerchris

Beautiful area!!

Many years ago (early 70's), when I was a Deputy Sheriff in Kayenta on the Navajo Reservation, I got re-certified for SCUBA(for search and resecue/body recovery) on a lake near you called "Fish Lake".

I remember seeing some HUGE trout of some kind swimming in the distance. Man, they looked like Whales to me.

I still have friends living in Kanab. Nice area, nice folks.

CoarsegoldKid

It doesn't really get hot in St. G, just warm.

Except for 100 degree nights during July and August you'll be fine.

So far I haven't met any natives, everyone else I meet moved from California too! We're in SunRiver and so far I've met two other RT owners!

It doesn't really get hot in St. G, just warm.

Except for 100 degree nights during July and August you'll be fine.

I don't get warm until it hits 100, I am a total desert rat.

Welcome to Utah, Greg. The state BMW club, Beehive Beemers BMW Motorcycle Club of Utah, will be having a campout in Moab in April. How about coming as a guest? Visit our website for more information. http://www.beehivebeemers.org/ We do have club members in your area.

Thanks, I want to get to Moab but I''ll take my dual sport bike.

Welcome to Utah, Greg! :wave:

Sharon, you and Jan are very welcome at our new abode anytime you want to play snow birds! Probably winter is over in SLC for this year but we've got a lot SLC folks who winter here in SunRiver St George. Hopefully I'll see you guys at Torrey next month. I'm just going to ride up Friday and back Saturday. See you at the pool.

Yeeha! Stephen

Miss Vicki and I will be overnighting in St George on June 16th.

Staying at the La Quinta

Doing a one week sweep out there with some of the Dallas BMW Club.

Should we stop and say "Hey"?

Archived