IGNORED

Prescription drugs, pricing

Paul Mihalka

Paul Mihalka

Until now we were getting our drugs from Canada and from Walmart, the least expensive sources we found. Now I found www.healthwarehouse.com . Amazing prices, prompt service, quick answer on emails.

Example: 3 month supply of Zocor generic 40mg - Walmart $200, Canada $58, Healthwarehouse $10.95 incl. shipping.

Just a word of warning, Paul, I listened to one of those documentaries the other day. They were saying some 'reputable companies' involved in selling drugs cross border, are actually selling copycat drugs from China with little or no medical efficy.

Look for properly spelled URL's,

if the website steers you to a secondary site, beware,

look for the Lock symbol when you do your transaction ( make sure it's properly encrypted).

Not trying to scare you, just play it safe.

look for the Lock symbol when you do your transaction ( make sure it's properly encrypted).
I can get a certificate for a web site in 5 minutes from GoDaddy (I did last week). Then you are just sending encrypted data to an unknown web site which they will see just fine. You have to be sure the web site is genuine, encryption only stops the man in the middle from reading your info.
Nice n Easy Rider

This might have been the show:

The difficult fight against counterfeit drugs

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/10/60minutes/main20040693.shtml

An excerpt from that interview:

"Kibble caught one Israeli counterfeiter on a hidden camera admitting that very scheme.

"These are all your Internet Web sites. Is that really from Canada?" an undercover agent asked.

"Noooo!" the counterfeiter replied, laughing"

Paul Mihalka

I'm not anymore interested in the good or bad of getting them through Canada. Healthwarehouse.com seems legit, the physician can fax the prescription to them, I received the order in 48 hours, properly labeled. That's not China.

Paul, I pay 4.95 for 40mg of pravastatin at Costco. It's similar to Zocor.

I see counterfeit toner, ink and parts in our business and it is almost impossible to control. I would not risk my health on an internet or mail order website unless my insurance company said it was the place to go.

In the past people have sold drywall (gypsum) in the form of pills. Do you want to bet that the website operator really cares about your life?

Paul,

Go online and join Costco Pharmacy. It costs nothing and you don't have to be a Costco member.

I get 90 days supply of Simvastatin (Generic Zocor) 40mg for $9.99 including delivery :thumbsup: !

Gary in Aus

Paul,

as we all age ,the more we use prescription drugs and they become an important part of the quality of life we enjoy.

Healthwarehouse seems incedibly cheap.

I am aware pharmaceutical companies have substantial development costs but the $11 jump to $58 then the leap to $200 is hard to understand.

Surely the US would be the largest market for pharmaceuticals , by far and wouldn't free market forces provide the best prices?

Next question is why are these drugs in Canada %25 of the US price ?

I just had a look on some online pharmacy in Australia and general price seems to be about Aus $40 for 30 tablets of Zocor 40 mg {not generic brand] so say for 3 months equals Aus$105.

http://www.australianmedicinestore.au.com/?order-online=zocor

So we are about half the price of the US on this particular drug {again not generic}.

I will probably get this wrong but am confident that if you are a pensioner in Australia {retired /senior citizen or whatever the equivalent is in the US} ,you would only pay a nominal amount such as $5 or $10 if anything at all.

The Canadians would have to be making a commercially viable profit from these sales as must Healthwarehouse ?

Archived