IGNORED

2610 Nav 2 Tango Uniform

lawnchairboy

lawnchairboy

the nav 2 finally gave up the ghost, I notice on the Garmin website, they no longer offer service on the model.

I am not interested in XM capability but weather/bluetooth might be nice for iPod tunes. Particularly addressing those of you switching a GPS unit between multiple bikes, what are you using? What features do you appreciate the most, what mounting system(s) are you using? It would be desirable to have an internal battery I think.

TIA

chris

received spam today from a vendor for this Nuvi at $99. No idea if that is a good price or a good unit. If interested let me know and I will send you the spam...then you can be on their junk list.

Gammin Nuvi 265 w/wt

5486.jpg.f975d594ad60bd92bf0b5a551c55eee8.jpg

I'm kinda upset with the Nav IV. When BMW modified the Zumo it's based on they made it so the only way to connect a headset to it is via bluetooth. If I were to do it again I'd pick up the Zumo 665

received spam today from a vendor for this Nuvi at $99. No idea if that is a good price or a good unit. If interested let me know and I will send you the spam...then you can be on their junk list.

Gammin Nuvi 265 w/wt

What Spammers are promoting is often counterfeit or stolen merchandise. So no Garmin service. In fact, no service at all.

My old Nuvi died last week. Just picked up a Zumo 550. It comes with all you need to mount to car or bike. Waterproof, etc; specially made for bikes. They go for $585 on ebay.

I too am looking for a replacement for my 2720, which is still working at this time.

I think I've narrowed it down to the following Garmins because these particular units have LIFETIME FREE MAP and TRAFFIC UPDATES!! GREAT!!

Prices I found were last week on Amazon

LMT indicate FREE Lifetime Maps AND Traffic Updates!

1350 LMT S169 4.3" Screen

1390 LMT $173 Same as 1350 but has BLUETOOTH

1450 LMT $186 5" Screen

1490 LMT $209 Same as 1450 but has BLUETOOTH

Maybe this will help

Regards

Bernd

I too am looking for a replacement for my 2720, which is still working at this time.

I think I've narrowed it down to the following Garmins because these particular units have LIFETIME FREE MAP and TRAFFIC UPDATES!! GREAT!!

Prices I found were last week on Amazon

LMT indicate FREE Lifetime Maps AND Traffic Updates!

1350 LMT S169 4.3" Screen

1390 LMT $173 Same as 1350 but has BLUETOOTH

1450 LMT $186 5" Screen

1490 LMT $209 Same as 1450 but has BLUETOOTH

Maybe this will help

Regards

Bernd

While the units are functionally better (maybe..) than the SP 2720, bear in mind that none of those listed are waterproof like the 2720. If you plan on replacing your 2720, keep in mind you won't be able to ride in the rain with those....

the nav 2 finally gave up the ghost, I notice on the Garmin website, they no longer offer service on the model.

I am not interested in XM capability but weather/bluetooth might be nice for iPod tunes. Particularly addressing those of you switching a GPS unit between multiple bikes, what are you using? What features do you appreciate the most, what mounting system(s) are you using? It would be desirable to have an internal battery I think.

TIA

chris

Bite the bullet, buy a Zumo. You'll be happier. I love my Z550

Archived