IGNORED

Freshly minted BMW owner!

Sweendog

Hi Everyone,

I'm a long time motorcycle rider, and I've finally purchased a bike I'd been wanting since college...

Hoping to find some good advice and suggestions, and join the BMW Sport community.

-Bill

214b4hh.jpg

you'll love it, I sold an k1200lt last year and purchased a R1100RT and haven't looked back I love the RT

welcome to the group

Hi Everyone,

I'm a long time motorcycle rider, and I've finally purchased a bike I'd been wanting since college...

Hoping to find some good advice and suggestions, and join the BMW Sport community.

-Bill

214b4hh.jpg

Bill,

First of all welcome! Your story is one heard around these parts before, I know I said something similar in my new member post.

Enjoy the bike, ask questions, and look for opportunities to meet the folks on the board. The Ride Tales take on a completely different flavor when you've shaken hands with the person who wrote them.

Bill,

Welcome to the board, lots of great people and interesting debates here. I live close by in Upper Bucks by lake Nockamixon. If you are interested in wrenchn' and ridin' drop a PM.

Welcome Bill.. Live pretty close to you.. In Voorhees, by Cherry Hill. I sometimes ride with the group "Kickstands Up" which is based in Philly area.

National Rally this year is real close, in Bloomsburg, Pa.

Hi Phil,

I'm in Voorhees fairly frequently for shopping / errands etc. =) I ride w/the KSU and Philadelphia Motorcycle Riders Group (PMRG) groups as time permits.

I'm planning on going on the PMRG Polar Bear Grand Tour #18 this coming Sunday!

To answer the other questions,

My previous bike is a 2004 Honda Silverwing (scooter) it's a great machine as well, I've had it on a couple of week long tours. Prior to that, I had an '85 KZ 1100 LTD complete w/a Windjammer II fairing and Corbin saddle. I road that bike a LOT when I lived out in Colorado. The 1100LTD was my second bike, prior to that I had an 82 (I think) Kawasaki 550LTD. I've always preferred the more upright riding position bikes.

Hi Everyone,

-Bill

214b4hh.jpg

I have one question: Pat's or Geno's?

Let me know if you plan to get out to Central PA and want some route recommendations.

Pat's or Genos? --Neither! =)

My favorite: Dalessandro's

600 Wendover Street

Philadelphia, PA 19128-1719

(215) 482-5407

I'd ride to meet anyone there who wants a steak!

DaveTheAffable

Won't find any nice people here.... nope. Won't happen. No help either.

"Psssst...Dave... do you remeber all the guys that helped you replace your rear main seal on your K1200?"

ooops

"How about the guys that have taught you RT maintenance?

Ohh yeah

"How about the folks that laugh at your lame jokes?"

Ok, Ok....

You're gonna like these folks!

Pat's or Genos? --Neither! =)

My favorite: Dalessandro's

600 Wendover Street

Philadelphia, PA 19128-1719

(215) 482-5407

I'd ride to meet anyone there who wants a steak!

Your ON! Never had a Dalessandro's!!! I see it's almost in Manayunk? GOtta love riding the SUREKILL Expressway... ;-p

Bill,

I recently joined this forum and also just bought my first BMW (R1200RT). Seems like these people truly care about riding and had great information for me in my recent bike search. Like you, I too am excited to be on a RT and also part of this knowledge rich, insanely passionate and extremely helpful community.

Hope you enjoy your bike!

Welcome. Glad you joined the "Tribe". Great bunch of people and lots of good info, oh.. nearly forgot: dont get into politics or you get kicked off the island. ;)

Archived