IGNORED

replacementn rubber boot for A-arm balljoint?

canoehead

I have an 1150GS project bike I'm working on. I replaced the tele-lever arm on the weekend, went well after I got some help here. When I got the old arm off, I noticed that the rubber boot on the ball joint connector to the lower fork arm has a slight tear in it. BMW doesn't list this as a replacement item, they only sell the complete unit for lots of bucks. Anyone know of a source for a replacement?

thanks

Energy Suspension ball joint boot. Don't know if it'll fit, but there are others out there. May have to compare it to an automotive one to find a fit.

Ed

Back to Max BMW Fische, R1150GS, Telescope Forks/Telelever, look at the "Fork Slider/Lower Fork Bridge" diagram.

Is it part 14, the Cover (SCHWARZ) 31 42 7 658 697 for $.50?

BMW of Chicago will probably let it go for $.40 smile.gif

Back to Max BMW Fische, R1150GS, Telescope Forks/Telelever, look at the "Fork Slider/Lower Fork Bridge" diagram. Is it part 14,

You were bang on correct with the tele-lever info, but no cigar this time. Part 14 is just a little plastic cover that goes over top of the nut that holds the ball joint on the tele-lever. The part that I need is the section just under the line extending from part number 12.

I don't know if I can get energysuspension parts here in Canada, but I sent an email to the company asking if I gave them dimensions could the quote me a possible replacement.

Failing that, I might check with some of the folks around here who service ATV. Some of the UV joints on those drive shafts should be close in size.

Archived