IGNORED

Your idea of a best second road/street bike...

markgoodrich

For me, it's the Suzuki Bandit 1250SA. I have it set up for track days and short, less than an hour at a time, rides. It's fast, smooth, nimble, ABS safe and rock solid dependable.

roadscholar
F800S/R/ST

I've done long stretches of dirt road one week on my ST, and had it on the race track at VIR the next.

It's trying to tell you it wants to be a GS, don't argue with it. :grin:

I have been looking more than a glance at the Ducati Monsters.

My RT is awesome but for around town a "naked noisey" bike would be fun.

For a third bike idea I like my Buell M2 Cyclone. It's an adult sport bike with a comfortable riding position. It handles real well and is fun to ride. Currently they are very inexpensive with good parts availability.

M2small.jpg

fourteenfour

Anyone have an opinion about an 883 Iron?

I am looking at one, it seems odd that most of the used ones are priced similar to new, is that normal?

BMW K1200RS. The "old" style; longitudinal four. Low maintenance (valve adjust twice in 100k, no throttle body sync, etc.); low price due to the proliferation of new models; no lemon law recalls. Sure, only 135 hp, but that's twice as much as I've got on the RT.

:grin:

Now, THAT'S funny!

You're the kind of guy who, when looking at a poster of a motorcycle with a beautiful young, bikini clad vixen perched on top would say: "nice bike".

:rofl:

I have ridden the Thruxton and it is quite nice if a little down on power compared to my current bikes. Absolutely needs a front suspension upgrade and probably a set of rear shocks as well but then again, I'm spoiled. My Tuono Factory has full Ohlins suspension and my Triumph Sprint is sporting LE modified front forks and a custom valved and sprung rear Ohlins by the same guy.

I replaced the OEM rear shocks on my Bonneville at the 700 mile mark. I plan to address the front end sometime this year. Yep, power is down, but the torque from the Triumph engine from a stop is respectable....feels like more power I suppose because first gear is much lower than the RT's. The Bonnie a fun little bike to ride and I'm enjoying it more and more.

I have lusted over the Sprints ..........If it weren't for the chain final drive I'd have gotten one if I could have gotten the handlebars raised enough for my old shoulders and back. :Cool:

Archived