IGNORED

Etymotic ER6--where to buy?

markgoodrich

markgoodrich

NOT the ER6i, the ER6. Discontinued by Etymotic, it appears. So far I've only found one site, for $180.

TIA

(With respect: I know about all the options; I'm only interested in finding a place to buy ER6 earphones)

I have the ER6i, and love them.

What is different on the ER6 units?

Not much info on Google pertaining to the ER6.

markgoodrich

The main difference is Whip recommends the ER6.

The other differences are the 6i are designed for mp3 players like the iPod...so they have slightly boosted bass response, lower impedance (run longer at a given volume), and are still being made....

The main difference is Whip recommends the ER6.

The other differences are the 6i are designed for mp3 players like the iPod...so they have slightly boosted bass response, lower impedance (run longer at a given volume), and are still being made....

Nope....I think the ER6i is a much better sounding device. I have had the Er6s and they are kinda flat. YMMV.

I use em in my ZUMO.

markgoodrich

Awright, awright, I ordered a pair, at least they're not made by Apple.

I now have not one but two sets of custom earphones, wait, make that three, including Arizona Al's, and a pair of Etymotic ER4P earphones. The latter has little "handles" which stick out causing the phones to hit the sides of the helmet, which in turn cause unbearable ear pain. One pair of the custom phones lasted less than a year. The second pair still works great, but the right one falls out all the time. Al's phones, for me, don't stay put well in the helmet; I get a lot of wind noise. I realize each of these work for some folks.

The best sound is from my Westone customs, with a close second being the ER4Ps.

markgoodrich
Whip, you need to announce these changes to your public.

I think I did on..FB....right after you left.

Yum!

Archived