IGNORED

Dead battery

TVdawg

I got all geared up this morning, threw the leg over the bike, lifted the stand, turned on the switch and uh oh... The lights on the dash were dim and the bike would not turn over. Since I ride the bike every day I must assume the battery has died.

I'm looking for replacement suggestions. Should I go back with a BMW battery? Is it a pain to change it? I want to get back on the road this week. The weather is too good to not be riding.

I see you have an 02RT as well. When did your battery go? Mine is the original.

Also, does the Odessy battery bolt right in without any mods?

On my 01 RT the Odessy battery bolted right in, but on it's side, with the positive and negative terminals pointing towards the left hand side of the bike. And the stock positive and negative cables will bolt right up with no problems.

Well I got the battery out, added some water and put it on charge. It appears it is in fact dead.

I checked on the Odessy battery and it does look like the best choice but they are sold out everywhere. What other brand sealed batteries are some of you DB members using?

When I do buy the replacement, is there anything I should know or do after installing the new one? Thanks for the tips..

Archived