IGNORED

R1150GS - aftermarket sparkplug recommendations ?

Doug 55

Time flies so I can't remember the specific make and part number but non-OEM plugs helped my '99 R1100RT out, now the '04 GS is running kind of "off" ...I will refresh the valve adjust, TB synch etc. at next weekend's PNW Tech Daze but I figured why not throw in a plug upgrade too ...

What, if any, are the popular after market plugs for dual spark 1150s ?

Time flies so I can't remember the specific make and part number but non-OEM plugs helped my '99 R1100RT out, now the '04 GS is running kind of "off" ...I will refresh the valve adjust, TB synch etc. at next weekend's PNW Tech Daze but I figured why not throw in a plug upgrade too ...

What, if any, are the popular after market plugs for dual spark 1150s ?

I think I posted re the Iridiums I went with 4000mi ago. Try a search..

When I get home I'll dig up the NGK plug and part numbers if you still need them....

I ride an R1150RT and have tried Bosch and most recently Denso iridium plugs. I rode them from OR to CO and back. I recently saw a post where a guy used two different heat ranges of Denso Ir plugs in his dual sparker and thought they were the Bees Knees. I really couldn't tell much difference, but I did get to pay $11.00 per each and they are cool looking. So, for a dual sparker, Hummmm $44.00 for plugs. I would use them again, but I don't have to buy four. If you are interested, just look up Denso on the web and there is a chart or you could look for the Denso thread on this site, it has the part/heat range #s.<<<<<<<Softtail>>>>>>>> thumbsup.gif

These are the NGK Iridium plugs I installed this summer at 4200mi...

Primary>BKR7EIX NGK part number 2667

Secondary>DCPR7EIX NGK pn 6046. I went with one heat range hotter than OE, which would be DCPR8EIX. The bottom plug looked oily and black when I checked them at just about 4000mi. The hotter Iridium looked much better when I checked again at my 6000mi.

You can get these spec order in 2days for 6.95 ea at AdvanceAuto...bring the NGK pn, not just the plug number....

I have a Roadster, but I think the plugs on the non-1200 oilheads are the same...

Archived