IGNORED

GRIP REPLACEMENT PICTURES

mrduck

Got the grips from the Beemer Shop for 20 bucks- such a deal!- so thought I'd share just how EZ this can be....

Remove the bar end weights first.

DSCN1596.jpg

When the grips are this torn up, removing them is half done. I used a small hobby knife and did gentle surgery.

DSCN1599.jpg

Naked heated grip...

There is very little adhesive holding them on, just a little on the ends. I had to do a little cleaning from the old glue, but not too much.

DSCN1600.jpg

Find the cheapest, most toxic and flammable hairspray on the store shelf. The stuff works great, and you have enough time-about a minute or so- to work them on and get them straight.

PLUS this makes a GREAT potato cannon propellent! (but that's another story!)

DSCN1601.jpg

All done! Took about an hour or so- quality garage time!

Next up- replace the fork seal I blew out in Death Valley (go figure??)

Don J :wave:

SAAB93driver

When I did mine about 3 years ago I needed 2 of these BMW part number 32721458396.

It is the throttle side grip rubber only for R1100R (heated grips need larger ID on both sides). I don't know about the RT but for the RS they did not specify the grip rubber as a separate part so it was a little difficult to explain to the parts person without the part number. Shouldn't be that way but it is...

More about potatoe cannons - ppppplease

I like stories and pictures!!!!

Bedford

OK, JUST FOR OUR FRIENDS ACROSS THE POND...

DSCN1605.jpg

YA'LL HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS!!!

Muzzle load one properly sized potato, squirt about 5 seconds worth of hairspray in the big end,flick the sparker,then EZ 300 yards!

Ya do this at night and this really cool lookin' 2 foot blue flame shoots out the barrel! :thumbsup:

It really don't take much to entertain a simple mind.....

Bruce (Bedford)

Home made or can you, in that silliest of countries, buy them? Spud cannons that is not fine motorcycles!

It looks metal, water pipe fittings would do & I’m guessing the spark device might take a bit of working through, still its worth it.

Jeremy Clarkson of BBC TV’s Top Gear – you might get Top Gear in the US – stuffed a raw turkey into a chrome garbage bin together with aerosol hair spray and sat it on a gas cooker – it launched the turkey into the roof of the TV studio, the show was later axed! It could be on UTube – worth looking!

Bike looks great by the way!

Home made or can you, in that silliest of countries, buy them? Spud cannons that is not fine motorcycles!

Yes it's homemade-Finest example of "red neck enginnering"! :thumbsup:

Silliest of countries? We don't drive on the wrong side of the road over here :rofl:

It looks metal, water pipe fittings would do & I’m guessing the spark device might take a bit of working through, still its worth it.

Pvc pipe and a Colman lanteren sparker

Jeremy Clarkson of BBC TV’s Top Gear – you might get Top Gear in the US – stuffed a raw turkey into a chrome garbage bin together with aerosol hair spray and sat it on a gas cooker – it launched the turkey into the roof of the TV studio, the show was later axed! It could be on UTube – worth looking!

We love your British Top Gear over here in the colonies, that fine British humor just floors me. Our US version is rather lame in comparision :P

Bike looks great by the way!

Why thank you!

Archived