IGNORED

1150rt headlight replacement confusion

jjsrt

I am going to replace my standard lamps with a sylvania bulb. How do you access the rear section of the bulb holders? Do you have to remove the entire front fairing? I know on the 1100rt I had rubber boot that I just peeled back and viola there you are! I can see a black plastic cover assembly on the back of the headlight structure. It has a metal clip on the top with a push in detent. I have tried to push in the detent and slide the metal clip up or down...no results. Cylmer doesn't say much about the 1150rt they show more info for the 1100rt. Can any one shed a little light on the subject? no pun intended it just came out that way

regards,

Jeff

quite alot, I changed the std bulbs on my 2000rt to Sylvania silverstars {H4} because the standard lamps were pale yellow in conparison. The new bulbs are the same wattage as the originals but cast a whiter light. I toured with them the last two years and I wouldn't be without them.I am so impressed I just changed the standard lamps on my new 04 1150rt to the new style Sylvania silverstars as well. Can't wait to try them! Check out Sylvanias web site and look at the light comparison models. These new lamps are available at Advanced auto and walmart.

Archived