IGNORED

R11Cat Code Plug

r50chopper

My new to me 99 RT doesn't have a CCP, tried a friends GS plug and it surged even worse. Temp gague runs at 5 bars, even at 40 degress outside, higher than any of the other oilheads I've owned. Should I put one in or just ride the way it is?

My 99 has been without the yellow CCP pretty much since I bought the bike new. Pulled it long ago. Recently tried 0=0

TPS adjustment, after adjusting valves, and then did a TB sync AND put the CCP back in. Surge was noticeable with the CCP, less so without it. You may want to be sure the motronic has been reset. Pull #5 fuse with the key off, wait a minute or so and reinstall the fuse. Turn the key on without starting the bike and slowly turn the throttle to wide open twice. Then ride for a while. There is some risk, not sure how great the risk, that the catalytic converter may suffer, and, if you live where emissions testing is done on bikes, there may be some risk of being out of compliance. Surging can be minimized if not eliminated by performing valve adjustment, be sure 0=0 on the tps (many recommend NOT messing with this unless you know what you are doing), and do a good TBS. Good luck. You can find thousands of words on this subject here and on IBMWRMailing list, which also contains writeups on performing the work I mention here.

Turn the key on without starting the bike and slowly turn the throttle to wide open twice.

Not needed on the R1100RT. Won't hurt anything just doesn't do anything.

Stan

Hey Ed, or Ken H., is this correct? Somewhere I read and saved something on this for my 99, can't put my fingers on it. What I have was not what is on the IBMWR website. Sure seems to have helped my bike run more smoothly. Hard to believe it has not affect Stan.

Archived